FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 30 minute trip  (Read 1360 times)

88fishing

30 minute trip
« on: Mar 30, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Working on my brothers truck today and needed to go get some parts, theres a little stream on the way so grabbed the ultra light and a few worms from the back yard got there and fished for a half hour and got 3 tiny brook trout about 4-7" fish!  Im thinking they are native/wild brookies or do they stock them that small? it hasnt been stocked this year

Bass to mouth

Re: 30 minute trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2013, 06:09 PM »
Was that you at the little stream in spencer?

88fishing

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Nope wasnt me i was in leominster

mr tip up

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2013, 07:16 PM »
they were probably natives mass don't stock that small only ct does
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day of work

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2013, 04:16 PM »
They do stock smaller trout, as they get what the fishery gives them for that year.
I was fishing a tributary of the Charles river, and caught a 3" brookie.

Now I'm not saying your fish wasn't native (as most trout in most Mass waters are from prior years stocks), but it most likely was the result of successful breeding in that water.
I love getting trout that have had some time to acclimate and breed in their surrounding waters....it makes them less likely to hit the first thing they see, and makes you a better angler by making you try harder!

Good luck and go out and find your own special fishing hole!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Nope wasnt me i was in leominster
Hey 88 I got a real nice and very productive brookie stream right down the road from Leominster in Sterling. Hit it today 14 in about 2 1/2 hours. All Natives. Great eating
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

88fishing

« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2013, 04:16 PM »
Hey 88 I got a real nice and very productive brookie stream right down the road from Leominster in Sterling. Hit it today 14 in about 2 1/2 hours. All Natives. Great eating
Yeah just saw your report and pics those are some nice looking brookies.  stream fishing is alot of fun, i dont do it as much as i would like to

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.