FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Harrington Lake / Frost Pond  (Read 2637 times)

gamefisher

Harrington Lake / Frost Pond
« on: Mar 30, 2005, 05:14 AM »
Has anybody here ever fished these waters?  Always take a spring trip end of May / beginning June and was thinking about seeing some new country.  Not looking for secret spots or techniques just whether or not they are worth going to.  Also, anyone ever stay at Frost Pond Camps or Allagash Gateway on Ripogenus Lake with any feedback on them?  Thank you.

toguetaker

Re: Harrington Lake / Frost Pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:39 AM »
  Used to be some really good fishing until they let the dam go. I have not fished it since. It dropped the water level quite a bit.

onthefly(TB)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2005, 11:31 AM »
i have stayed stayed at both ,allagash has decent sites ,hookups .they had good facilities,last i was there.we put a 28ft tow behind,good road in.frost is good too,with good people running it !!! only one way in though thats from the south now they blocked the northern entrance. come across rip dam instead. ..............harringtonwell is just a river now ,when they let the dam go. paper company did not want to maintain it.its sad use too be real nice salmon.but thats not the only dam either,many others.frost has some pretty good brookie and splake fishing ,and its general law ,you are allowed to dunk worms!!!!!!!!!!!

gamefisher

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Thanks guys.

brooktrouter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2005, 04:12 PM »
If your up there , give chesuncook POND a shot, there's a trial up to it, used to be drivable but grown in. Little pressure and worth the short hike. Check your MAG . Best fished with a float tube or light canoe.

ieatanimals128

• Ha thats a minnow compared to the bass I catch
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2005, 09:51 PM »
My family and I stayed at Frost pond for a week a few summers ago in early august. The fishing was tough at that time due to the time of the year, but we still were able to catch some nice 9-16 inch brookies. It is beautiful out there and I would expect the fishing to be excellent in late may. I would also check out duck brook which is up the road a little ways. That actually holds salmon and might be a good spot for that time of year. tight lines
Jason

gamefisher

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2005, 06:50 AM »
Thanks for the input Jason.  You know the big problem with this fishing stuff is so many good spots, so little time!  Those Holbrook and Little Holbrook ponds look interesting also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.