FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: BRADYS LAKE  (Read 24778 times)

supervdl

Re: BRADYS LAKE
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2017, 04:49 AM »
Definitely want to try this lake with my yak this year. How large were the bass? What part of the lake you get most action?

Imbit

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Definitely want to try this lake with my yak this year. How large were the bass? What part of the lake you get most action?

Fished Brady's for the first time last weekend ... only made it half way up due to wind & didn't have much time.    That half of the lake near the dam is 11-15 ft deep, hard bottom - I didn't mark any weed lines to speak of (far shoreline has lots of wood stickups).    Got 4 LMB in the 13-15" slot on surface lures before dark (RIGHT ON THE BANK - reflex strikes).  

With Minsi & Pecks drained, and Hidden Lake unfishable due to the excessive floating snot from shore to shore ... I'm glad I heard about Brady's - I think it has potential.  

Can anybody fill me in on the upper end of the lake - presumably it gets shallower & weedier ?    Would be interested (in general terms - not looking for anybody's specific methods) what general patterns historically work for bass & pickerel here & I'll post the same after I get more experience on the lake.

Thanks -

JOhn

saphireblue99

« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2017, 10:15 PM »
Fished Brady's for the first time last weekend ... only made it half way up due to wind & didn't have much time.    That half of the lake near the dam is 11-15 ft deep, hard bottom - I didn't mark any weed lines to speak of (far shoreline has lots of wood stickups).    Got 4 LMB in the 13-15" slot on surface lures before dark (RIGHT ON THE BANK - reflex strikes).  

With Minsi & Pecks drained, and Hidden Lake unfishable due to the excessive floating snot from shore to shore ... I'm glad I heard about Brady's - I think it has potential.  

Can anybody fill me in on the upper end of the lake - presumably it gets shallower & weedier ?    Would be interested (in general terms - not looking for anybody's specific methods) what general patterns historically work for bass & pickerel here & I'll post the same after I get more experience on the lake.

Thanks -

I LIKE TO FISH THE UPPER END,WATER IS GENERALLY 2 TO 4 FEET DEEP, TONS OF WEEDS AND LOTS OF SHORELINE TO WORK, DO GREAT THERE ON TOPWATER BUZZ BAITS OR FROGS, SON GOT A 5 POUNDER THERE 2 YEARS AGO. THERE IS A CREEK FLOWING IN AT THE VERY FAR END, WATER IS USUALLY COOLER THERE BY 5 - 8 DEGREES IN HOT SUMMER, WARMER THERE IN THE SPRING, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SET OF BATTERIES THOUGH CAUSE IT IS A HAUL ESPECIALLY IN THE WIND.
JOhn

CHEZ2

« Reply #18 on: Aug 27, 2017, 07:00 AM »
Hit Brady's last nite...
Was a bit slow.
We managed to land a dozen bass or so.
And a few Pickerel.
No big bass,12" to 15"...spinnerbaits.no top water bite at all.

Imbit

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Hit Brady's last nite...
Was a bit slow.
We managed to land a dozen bass or so.
And a few Pickerel.
No big bass,12" to 15"...spinnerbaits.no top water bite at all.

THanks guys for the intel - I'm hoping to sneak out Labor Day & try the upper end

Spider1

« Reply #20 on: Sep 05, 2017, 06:21 AM »
I was on Brady's this weekend. Lots of small to medium sized crappie, I kept 5 between 10 " and 12". a couple nice gills and even got a couple bullheads. Didn't even try for bass but a couple guys in a boat were hitting them. It rained a lot and every time it started raining the bite died off. Then when it stopped they went on a fast feed.

chris458wm

« Reply #21 on: Sep 05, 2017, 07:06 AM »
It's nice that you were rewarded for stickin it out through the rain.

Spider1

« Reply #22 on: Sep 05, 2017, 07:53 AM »
thanks buddy. I wanted to stay for a couple more hours as the sun went down but I saw a big front moving in and decided to call it. I had a nice stringer full  anyway. Had fish tacos for dinner and had a crappie fillet with a couple eggs for breakfast this morning.

Spider1

« Reply #23 on: Sep 11, 2017, 05:51 AM »
I hit Bradys this past Saturday again. It was windy as heck, not Irma windy, but bad enough to toss me around quite a bit. The fish didn't seem to mind, did pretty well on the crappies. Got a bunch in the 10-12" range along with some chunky gills. Dropped a couple nice ones around the same size over the gunwales... oops... lost my favorite spoon to a pickerel (gotta remember to pick a few more up) and tossed a bunch of small ones back. Other than the wind, it was a pretty good day... until my battery died at the boat ramp! LOL! Lucky for me there was a couple nice guys with a set of jumper cables! Wishing good karma to those guys!

Imbit, was that you I passed and talk to on my way to the boat ramp?

supervdl

« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:30 AM »
Spider, what kind of spoon/ lure you used?

I bough myself a new kayak and kept the old one for my son. Took him out yesterday on Little Mud Ponds for a spin. Went there primarily because it is closer to the house. It wasn't windy at all and perfect for him to be out the first time. Brady is definitely on my list. Let's see if I find some time the next couple of weekends to take him there.

Spider1

« Reply #25 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:41 AM »
It was an old Dardevle spoon. Hammered chrome and blue. I don't remember what size, probably 1/4 oz. I'll have to look for them someplace. After I lost that one the only spoon I had was a VMC Tingler, it's a jigging spoon but it trolls ok so I tried it out of desperation and I caught a few on that. I had some PK spoons and a flutter fish but I got nothing on them.

I was also vertical jigging using a jig with a baby shad. They like that too.

Imbit

« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:24 PM »
I hit Bradys this past Saturday again. It was windy as heck, not Irma windy, but bad enough to toss me around quite a bit. The fish didn't seem to mind, did pretty well on the crappies. Got a bunch in the 10-12" range along with some chunky gills. Dropped a couple nice ones around the same size over the gunwales... oops... lost my favorite spoon to a pickerel (gotta remember to pick a few more up) and tossed a bunch of small ones back. Other than the wind, it was a pretty good day... until my battery died at the boat ramp! LOL! Lucky for me there was a couple nice guys with a set of jumper cables! Wishing good karma to those guys!

Imbit, was that you I passed and talk to on my way to the boat ramp ?

Spider1, I got off the water a bit before noon and I may have briefly talked to you as I was loading my gear at the ramp back into the truck (sorry if I wasn't overly talkative - the wind smacked the crap outa me & I was whipped after 5 hours in that wind & cold with practically no sun).    That was the windiest day I've ever fished in a jon boat ... I spent nearly all that time exploring the north end and as the morning went on,  the entire north half of the lake became filled with bonafied white caps.   I actually got a headache from the constant pounding of that flat bottom boat going against the white caps.    I managed one 16 inch bass, a couple smaller ones and a couple pickerel (one nice one).   Intestinal fortitude fishing at its finest - LOL !   ;D  

John

Spider1

« Reply #27 on: Sep 14, 2017, 05:35 AM »
ok, that wasn't me. I didn't get back to the ramp until later. I was the guy in the kayak out by the island.

I hit Brady's again yesterday. It was an "applesauce day". I took the day off from work to make applesauce with the Mrs and we got done early so she said "might as well go fishing!". At least that's what I think she said cuz I was out the door before she finished the sentence, LOL!

When I got there it was pretty calm and sunny but I decided to bring the rain gear anyway. Good thing cuz I wasn't half way out to the island before the sun disappeared and the wind picked up a little. The FF was showing the bottom was littered with fish and I stopped often to jig a little. It turned out that the bottom was covered with 4-6" crappie that would hit the jig often. At the island the crappie seemed to turn off but by then it was lightly raining. I switched tactics and put a worm on a hook and fished a bobber and started getting some huge bull gills. I stopped at half a dozen and turned my attention to the crappie but was still plagued by the dinks and one pickerel.

I decided to call it at about 5:00 and started for the ramp trolling a spoon behind me. I got about 20 feet and the rod started bending. A 10" crappie. Tossed the spoon back in and started off again. Didn't even get 20 ft this time when the pole bent. Another 10". All in all, I got several dinks, 3 10" crappie and one slab that almost hit 13".

Over the course of the day I tossed back several 9"-9 1/2" crappie, I don't know how many 6" crappie and had a few decent fish spit the hook on me. Ended the day with 6 big gills and 4 crappie. And the best thing... I didn't lose my new spoon to that dang pickerel!

CHEZ2

« Reply #28 on: Sep 14, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Good job Spider!!!!!!
We will hit those calico come Ice Season ;) :tipup:

Spider1

« Reply #29 on: Sep 14, 2017, 06:55 AM »
yeah buddy! It's still a young lake for crappie. When you hit it just right you can get a bunch of crappie in the 10-12" range. There are better crappie lakes.  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.