FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wildwood peir fishing  (Read 4273 times)

chez

wildwood peir fishing
« on: Jul 09, 2013, 07:44 AM »
Im going to wildwood in the end of august.im not planning on surf fishing but want to give it a go at peir fishing.I love surf fishing but this is just a short 3 day trip so,im not taking the surf gear,I would love to do a little peir fishing.We are staying at the beginning of the boardwalk and if i remember corectly there is a fishing peir to the left.Any tip on rigs, bait, best time to fish,what fish i can expect to catch if any?ANY help would be great.I know there will be the garbage bottom feeders dogfish and skates,i shouldnt call them garbage fish they are fun to catch.THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO.

dmntd169

Re: wildwood peir fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013, 01:26 PM »
should still be fluke around if they haven't moved out deep yet, spot, croaker, snapper blues, herring, and small sea bass among other species and plenty of brown sharks if you wanna throw big baits but I couldn't picture you being able to land them off a pier

you can also walk the jetty and get all the blackfish you could ever want to catch
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

shantysitter

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2013, 04:58 PM »
Chez you have enough fish already in the freezer. Forget the rods and bring the crabpots.  Bringing back a  bushel would keep your Pa friends happy. JK. Have a great time whatever you do

chez

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2013, 11:58 AM »
should still be fluke around if they haven't moved out deep yet, spot, croaker, snapper blues, herring, and small sea bass among other species and plenty of brown sharks if you wanna throw big baits but I couldn't picture you being able to land them off a pier

you can also walk the jetty and get all the blackfish you could ever want to catch

thanks brother for the info.

chez

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2013, 12:04 PM »
Chez you have enough fish already in the freezer. Forget the rods and bring the crabpots.  Bringing back a  bushel would keep your Pa friends happy. JK. Have a great time whatever you do

ALL fresh water fish buddy in the freezer. i wont keep anything from the peir. i just want something to do.I WISH i was going to IBSP.surf fishing.A FEW MONTHS YOU AND I WILL BE ON oneida icefishing.great to hear from you.we got to get out some nite for some BOOOOOOOOHEADS for that pond of yours.Keep the icecream cold brother.

Fish_ON

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Do you need a fishing license for non resident fishing the surf?

fishgalore

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Do you need a fishing license for non resident fishing the surf?

No license req'd but NJ Saltwater registry seems to apply if you are a non resident. http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/index.html#who

chez

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2013, 07:15 AM »

WHERE is the jetty? THAT sounds like fun for those BLACKFISH.How do you fish em?

dmntd169

« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2013, 04:41 PM »
WHERE is the jetty? THAT sounds like fun for those BLACKFISH.How do you fish em?

found this trying to find the info on the jetty -> http://voices.yahoo.com/top-five-saltwater-fishing-locations-cape-may-county-2925177.html

blackfish off the rocks isn't tough, but be prepared to loose tackle. I usually tie a dropper loop for my sinker and then another dropper loop about 6" above and use a 4/0 or 5/0 gammy hook...cut green crabs are the bait of choice this time of year. Just drop it down into the holes in the rocks and be ready to try to pull them out of there once they hit

I'll be down in Cape May this weekend fishing in the WMO (prefishing Sunday and fishing it Monday and Tuesday) so I'll see if I can get any word on whats biting down there but seeing as most of the people I'll be talking to will be fishing offshore and will be tight lipped its anyones guess how that'll end up  :D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

chez

« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Thanks buddy.Good luck fishing.Im praying my wife will let me and the boys hit IBSP. For 1 day.[THIS IS SUPOSE TO BE QUOTE, A FAMILY VACATION NOT A FISHING VACATION.]How can I be around all that water and not fishing.LOL.Thanks for any info and be safe.Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.