FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515042 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4635 on: Jun 05, 2022, 01:04 PM »
Cut scapes off of 2/3 of my garlic today. It looks to be amazing. Some of the stalks are more than an inch in diameter.

Gardened my butt off yesterday. Summer squash, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, scallions, marigolds, columbine, thunbergia, Cardinal climbers, turned, amended and mulched the last bed. Cukes and pickles are slated for that bed.

Trans planted a few “volunteer “ tomato plants that were in the bed I turned. Several “volunteer” potato plants have popped up in the beds as well. I’ll let them go and see what happens.

Seems you never get ALL the potatoes.

I’m growing from seed this year except for 2 tomato plants I bought. Might take a bit longer….but that’s ok by us.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4636 on: Jun 06, 2022, 04:00 PM »
Had the second day off since spring trip., :P  :P
Oh and that’s only to fill Dr appointments.   But I did get most of my beds planted..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4637 on: Jun 06, 2022, 04:21 PM »
How’s the garlic coming along? I’ve got 1”+ stalks on mine. Gotta cut the rest of the scapes tomorrow. Last year’s will go into the dehydrator in the next week…….in the garage.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4638 on: Jun 06, 2022, 04:54 PM »
No scapes on mine yet..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #4639 on: Jun 06, 2022, 06:13 PM »
Looks great!
Question
I have a half a bag of small red potatoes I bought awhile ago , they are getting the red sprouts coming out of them , gonna try planting them this week, do I face sprouts up or down? And how deep should I plant them?
Thanks

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4640 on: Jun 07, 2022, 04:57 AM »
6” deep and eyes up.. ;)
 Cut them in half and let them air dry for a day.

Dirt23

« Reply #4641 on: Jun 07, 2022, 05:46 AM »
Depending on where potatoes were purchased  large commercial producers will spray so they sprout but do not produce potatoes. Learned this hard way few years back grew beautiful plants hilled them took good care and in fall dug up to find hardly anything

fishinator

« Reply #4642 on: Jun 07, 2022, 07:59 AM »
Never grown potatoes,  but if they are hybrids, would they grow the same potatoes?  I know my volunteer tomatoes are always odd shaped and colored.

gotagetm

« Reply #4643 on: Jun 07, 2022, 10:00 AM »
Thanks!!!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4644 on: Jun 07, 2022, 12:23 PM »
Oh and that’s only to fill Dr appointments.   But I did get most of my beds planted..

Love it Broloser 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4645 on: Jun 07, 2022, 03:33 PM »
Love it Broloser 8)

Thanks loser.. ;D. it’s getting there. 
Hope your doing well…

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4646 on: Jun 07, 2022, 04:13 PM »
Got 5000 mum plugs in this morning…. :-\ :-\

Bartman44

« Reply #4647 on: Jun 07, 2022, 05:06 PM »

Great looking garden Dom.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4648 on: Jun 07, 2022, 05:13 PM »
Thanks Bart..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4649 on: Jun 07, 2022, 05:43 PM »
Looks good Dom.
Just finished cutting scapes from my garlic.(still some to go)

Fresh asparagus with dinner.

Love gardening. Huge rewards on many levels.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.