FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 516605 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4650 on: Jun 09, 2022, 07:01 PM »
Back at it after a 2 year hiatus. And yes planted 2-3 weeks late but nice to have the garden back up and running.

Got one last bed to fill, just not sure what to plant this late in the game in upstate NY. Stay tuned….

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4651 on: Jun 10, 2022, 04:11 AM »
Very nice ATC..👍👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinator

« Reply #4652 on: Jun 10, 2022, 07:50 AM »
You guys have some great looking gardens. Mines lacking a bit this year.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4653 on: Jun 10, 2022, 03:33 PM »
I’m just getting back into the swing if things myself. Hang in there!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4654 on: Jun 10, 2022, 04:35 PM »
Back at it after a 2 year hiatus. And yes planted 2-3 weeks late but nice to have the garden back up and running.

Got one last bed to fill, just not sure what to plant this late in the game in upstate NY. Stay tuned….

Beans…if nothing else.

Looks great,
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #4655 on: Jun 10, 2022, 05:34 PM »
I've had an interesting year till now to say the least! But feeling good! ( Little slow) but retirement is letting me do things at my place right now, and tomorrow I'll be planting everything and this year be able to have time to maintain it! And not just go look in fall lol

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4656 on: Jun 12, 2022, 06:59 AM »
Beans…if nothing else.

Looks great,

That was the plan going in RG, as I headed to the farm for more plants. Grab some more green beans, more pickling cukes. Get that third bed planted and spread out.

But then I saw straight neck squash has a maturity period of roughly 45 days. Then I grabbed some pepperocini plants. And basil. And cilantro. And yellow beans

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4657 on: Jun 12, 2022, 07:01 AM »

Managed to get it all in. After all, no farms, no food!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4658 on: Jun 12, 2022, 12:56 PM »
Gotta fend for ourselves these days. My wax beans are already popping through along with potatoes, onions and scallions. Gave them a shot of organic fertilizer and Epsom salts today (we’re magnesium poor around here). Been enjoying asparagus a few nights a week for a while with a bunch to share with our neighbors.

Garlic is looking amazing. Leaves are already starting to brown off. Stalks are an inch in diameter. I’ve got a pile of garlic from last year that’s going in the drier.

What I’m really waiting for is the first BLT with my tomatoes.
Mmmmmmmm!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4659 on: Jun 12, 2022, 09:12 PM »
I've had an interesting year till now to say the least! But feeling good! ( Little slow) but retirement is letting me do things at my place right now, and tomorrow I'll be planting everything and this year be able to have time to maintain it! And not just go look in fall lol
He!! Yeah buddy. I know the feeling. I took my congestive heart failure as a big eye opener. Doing things a little healthier but slower. I want to enjoy this part of my life

Bartman44

« Reply #4660 on: Jun 15, 2022, 11:54 AM »
The clematis finally popped, the bumbles have been busy, and I got a little help with the garden this morning.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4661 on: Jun 15, 2022, 04:16 PM »
That kind of help is priceless Bart.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4662 on: Jun 15, 2022, 04:28 PM »
Awesome Bart…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4663 on: Jun 16, 2022, 05:37 AM »
The clematis finally popped, the bumbles have been busy, and I got a little help with the garden this morning.   

It’s all about making memories, that’s awesome!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4664 on: Jun 16, 2022, 03:02 PM »
My clematis have peaked and are restarting.

Weird weather this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.