FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513908 times)

Perch-Pirate

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4665 on: Jun 16, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Apparently we have a rabbit that thinks he can have a free meal. With the price of meat these days…I call it, fattening him up.  ;)

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4666 on: Jun 16, 2022, 05:23 PM »
He got 2 bean plants and all but 1 of my cucumbers. I’m sure he will be back for the rest. Fence goes up tomorrow and new plants going in.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4667 on: Jun 16, 2022, 06:05 PM »
Had a bunny trapped in my gardens last year. Ate all my wax beans till I evicted it.

Oh well.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4668 on: Jun 23, 2022, 06:47 PM »
Cut all of my scapes tonight..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4669 on: Jun 23, 2022, 09:10 PM »
Dacker, what do you do with the scapes? I’ve only made pesto out of them in years past

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4670 on: Jun 24, 2022, 04:34 AM »
I don’t use them.  My bride gives them to someone at work.  Not sure what they do with them…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Dirt23

« Reply #4671 on: Jun 24, 2022, 05:32 AM »
Pickle them like a dilly Bean or take and put in a big pot and boil for long time strain liquid and use a garden pest spray

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4672 on: Jun 24, 2022, 12:01 PM »
I cut mine a couple weeks ago. I scatter them around the gardens. Does keep some of the pests away.

How’s yours looking Dom? Mine is crazy this year. Stalks are an inch or more in diameter. Strange, but every stalk has 8 leaves. Noticed it when I was cutting scapes.

Just got a garlic slicer to dry all the leftover from last year. Should have garlic powder for quite a while.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4673 on: Jun 24, 2022, 07:42 PM »
There looking good.  I put Bobs bulbs in a couple rows and they seem bigger than the rest.  Most of them will be used as seed .. ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4674 on: Jun 25, 2022, 09:15 AM »
Got the last of my starts in the ground this morning. 3 cuke and 4 tomato varieties. It’s a little late for me but, I started from seed this year. Plant prices were out of sight.

Had 3 “volunteer” tomato plants pop up in one of the beds. Moved them to the trough planter to see what they’d do and they’re growing like crazy. Been cutting a lot asparagus this year. Neglected to cut a few days and now it’s 6’ tall.

Spotted a Japanese Beetle yesterday so I put out two traps. Already collecting the nasty little buggers.

fishinator

« Reply #4675 on: Jun 25, 2022, 11:26 AM »
I get tons of Japanese beetles but they only show up after I have stopped picking my asparagus and let it fern out. They seem to stay in the asparagus ferns and have no effect on the plant that I have seen. The neighbors have traps that get emptied almost daily. 
  Now squash bugs are a different story!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4676 on: Jun 25, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Yeah they go after my asparagus after it ferns out. I spray them with Malthion. I probably fill 4-5 bags a season from my traps. They go after my flowers more than anything. Wouldn’t do any good to treat my lawns as my neighbors don’t treat theirs.

I just deal with it and reduce the population as much as I can.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4677 on: Jul 12, 2022, 06:30 PM »
 8)

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4678 on: Jul 12, 2022, 06:55 PM »
d**n Dacker, those are beautiful

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4679 on: Jul 12, 2022, 07:04 PM »
Chili sauce .. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.