FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Richmond  (Read 4072 times)

archbishop

Richmond
« on: May 11, 2005, 01:35 PM »
well guys lets get her going whos going to win at richmond this week ???

im going with gordon i know alot of you are shocked ;D but im going with the good old #24 8)

grumpymoe

Re: Richmond
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 07:53 PM »
here's my favourite.....#2 Rusty......and for a darkhorse.....#99 Edwards.....should be a paint trading evening for sure.......Grump

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Well,  luck of the draw pitted me in the #1 picking position the week. I had internal turmoil for 2 hours over the decision between Rusty and Dale Jr. Youth and Exuberance won out this week. It's been a few years sinced Rusty has been the "Man" at Richmond. It's hard to bet against 1st and 2nd last year for Jr. We will see Saturday Nite.

Mike

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 06:47 PM »
I think Matt Kenseth is gonna win Richmond this year.  Just like a few years ago when he cut 2 tires down and came back from 2 laps down to win the race. ;D
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 07:51 AM »
Nice little finnish to the Busch race last night. I just don't see Elliot Sadler retaliating tonite though. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out though. I am sure they will be near each others quarter panels at some point.

Mike

cnyfishing

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Its been tight between Kahne and Stewert... but I thing Stewert will pull off the win
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Kasey ran a great race. Unfortunately,  I didn't get to see much of it. Didn't seem to me that Rusty was much of a factor. :-\ The big Highlight of the nite of course was the demise of Hendrick 1 and 2. :clapping: :rotflol: :thumbup_smilie: You just HAVE to love Gordon and Johnson finnishing in the 40's. Way to get tighten up the top 400. I would love to see 15 or 20 guys in the chase.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 11:07 AM »
yeah gordon made a rookie mistake and hit his breaks when he saw smoke and screwed himself and johnson got screwed by a rookie who couldnt hit the breaks

gordon finished 39th not in the 40's  ;D and johnson finished 40th  ;D

and it didnt tighten it up too much just put 2 more guys in the 400 range and its only 11th race of 36 so theres a long way to go and i wish the chase would go away its crap last year mcmurray would have finished 4th or 5th and he was on the outside looking in gordon would have won it all jr would have been 10th or 11th so who cares whos in the point lead now because its going to be a 5 point interval in the end you have 20 guys in the chase the guy 400 points back is now only 100 out so all you have to be is mediocre for 26 races to have a chance so the guys that race hard all year are put back to let the ok drivers catch up i think the chase is a joke and the only people who like it are those whos drivers would have no other shot at a championship with out it its like letting every team who won a football game into the playoffs to be fair

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 12:54 PM »
I disagree. The chase made for a great end of the year last year. JJ would have run away with it, but the chase made every race interesting. It has also changed how drivers look at points this year. There is more guys going back out on beat up cars dropping crap on the track, causing more cautions, making more interesting racing. I was not a fan of the chase at first, but I really like how it could bring 15 guys into the mix instead for 3 like it has for the last few years.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 01:15 PM »
well again my .02 the 3 guys up there are the 3 that worked harder all year and deserve to be up there and JJ would have finished 2nd either way gordon would have won it all with the old points system but no one likes gordon wait till JR or someone popular would have won with the old points system it will be switched back before the plates at the awards ceremony in NY are cleaned heck wait for just one time that the 9th and 10th place drivers are like 700 points out and one of them wins the cup because they are only 50 points behind for the last 10 races that will be the end the the chase nextel is just trying to make a name for themselves and make people forget about winston i mean how fair is it to the guy that could finish in the top 10 and go to the awards diner get the $1,000,000 or so bonus and keep his sponsor happy but because with 10 races to go he was 11th or 401 points out he has no shot ask jaime mcmurray how it feels but nope mayfield got to make his sponsor happy and i doubt he would have ended up in th top 20 the old way thats not exciting to me it just makes the first 26 races slow because people dont try to win they try to finish to stay in the top 10 or within 400 points of the leader its not racing its settling

ill have to ask an old schooler didnt they try this points sytem before in the late 70's or early 80's?
i heard they did but not from a reliable source ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.