FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Late Summer Salmon Updated 9/19/15  (Read 16850 times)

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
Re: Salmon & sunsets / Updated 7/21/15
« Reply #30 on: Jul 22, 2015, 03:51 PM »
Moooooore Salmon Salmo?!  ;D Keep em coming, love the pics stay on em!

sebagosalmo

Re: Salmon & Variety Pac/ Updated 7/23/15
« Reply #31 on: Jul 23, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments guys  ;)

Ended up with a Variety PAC this morning, 2 Small mouths, 2 Lakers, and 5 Salmon .

Enjoy the pics  ;D

tracker2011

• I'm NH piker on IceShanty
« Reply #32 on: Jul 23, 2015, 12:06 PM »
I really need to try Sebago Lake...always wanted to just never made it that way.
Fishing is my first passion, just don't tell the wife!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #33 on: Jul 23, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Good luck if you visit the big lake. 

Like they say in commercials.."results may vary".  Particularly when compared with those of the angler starting this thread :D

I really need to try Sebago Lake...always wanted to just never made it that way.

fish wayniac

« Reply #34 on: Jul 23, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Brian, congratz on another great outing. How many inches on the hook jaw salmon, nice fish.

sebagosalmo

« Reply #35 on: Jul 23, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Brian, congratz on another great outing. How many inches on the hook jaw salmon, nice fish.

I didn't measure it, but the majority of the fish are 20-23 inches , with a occasional fish 24-26 inches  ;D

That fish was a stocked fish and a bleeder,  so a good friend of mine is enjoying it for dinner tonight  ;)

fish wayniac

« Reply #36 on: Jul 23, 2015, 05:59 PM »
Awesome!

stguy

« Reply #37 on: Jul 23, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Your boats a salmon magnet, kinda like threshers togue magnet. You must have caught them all twice by now.

Any alewives in them?

sebagosalmo

« Reply #38 on: Jul 24, 2015, 03:33 AM »
Your boats a salmon magnet, kinda like threshers togue magnet. You must have caught them all twice by now.

Any alewives in them?

I haven't opened any up , all released except for yesterday and I took that fish uncleaned to a friend . I haven't seen alewives spit out of any of the fish I have caught only smelts  ;D

Seems to be lots of smelts on Big Bay side of Lake . I just keep following the smelts summer migration. As they move around the Lake , I move with them  ;D

As you know , Chase the bait not the fish and the reels will sing  ;)

PotShot

« Reply #39 on: Jul 24, 2015, 05:50 AM »
NICE FISH!!! Are just using sewn on smelts?

sebagosalmo

Re: Salmon Action = Smiles / Updated 7/26/15
« Reply #40 on: Jul 27, 2015, 02:38 AM »
So Sunday evening I was finally able to get one of my good friends, (Wayne) from Sebago Bait  on the Water ;D
We have been trying to go for a fishing adventure for the last 2-3 weeks but he is always working or doing something crazy like selling kettle corn at the Tall Ships festival in Portland or other locations around the State.

Well we finally got to go for a evening troll and the weather was perfect , overcast and gray with a 10 mph wind out of the South. We hit the fishing grounds at about 6:00 pm and it didn't take long to hear the scream of a singing fly reel .
Then came the battle and sight of a Friend with a giant smile  ;D

We ended up catching 3 nice 22-23 inch quality salmon and 1 little fella.

The first and biggest fish Wayne caught.

The second fish

The third fish

We didn't take a pic of the little fella he was just released with a thank you .

It was a great evening spent with a friend  ;D

P.S. Wayne you have mastered catching salmon, now we need to work on holding them for a picture  :rotflol:

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #41 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Nice size on those beauties! Nice catch rate for just a few hours...I noticed its getting darker more quickly each day and not so bright out at 5AM any more... The little stockies have been very pesky the past month.

fishlessman

« Reply #42 on: Jul 27, 2015, 12:56 PM »
more nice fish ;D  im wondering with regards to the alewives where they are this time of year, i never see them til late august and into the fall and i mainly stay big bay. anyone have any ideas, just too deep right now, maybe in the lower part of the lake?

sebagosalmo

« Reply #43 on: Jul 27, 2015, 03:27 PM »
more nice fish ;D  im wondering with regards to the alewives where they are this time of year, i never see them til late august and into the fall and i mainly stay big bay. anyone have any ideas, just too deep right now, maybe in the lower part of the lake?

I haven't seen any in my travels on big bay, just lots of smelts  ;)

sebagosalmo

« Reply #44 on: Jul 27, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Nice size on those beauties! Nice catch rate for just a few hours...I noticed its getting darker more quickly each day and not so bright out at 5AM any more... The little stockies have been very pesky the past month.

The fish all seem to be pretty healthy and better than average size . It's funny you mentioned the little pesky fish. I talked to the Head IF&W bio today and he said there have been lots of reports of a large age class of fish ,in the 12-16 inch range this year on different areas of the Lake. Basically that age class was a large natural reproductive year  ;D
I thinks it's great in 2-3 years those fish should be around 2-4 lbs with lots around to catch ;)
& Yes fall is just around the corner  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.