FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472600 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2015
« Reply #165 on: Sep 25, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Nice job Bobby.

You hunting Sunday? I can't believe bow season is already here!!!  :thumbup_smilie:
Yes I'll be out Sunday morn and evening as well.  ;D
Nice job findin em

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #166 on: Sep 25, 2015, 08:05 PM »
Good luck to both you eyz's        ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #167 on: Sep 25, 2015, 11:32 PM »
Lol thanks Dom!  :afro:
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #168 on: Sep 26, 2015, 03:44 AM »
You hunting Bruce...?  I'm gonna sit a little bit Sunday...break everything in...
Are you kidding..... You didn't even know there was a season Sunday  ???

reeleyz

« Reply #169 on: Sep 26, 2015, 07:40 AM »
Nice eye Chowdaire. They are starting to get chunky.

filetandrelease

« Reply #170 on: Sep 26, 2015, 09:19 AM »

Good luck to all you string flingers , lets see some pics on the hunting fishing thread

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #171 on: Sep 26, 2015, 12:04 PM »
Are you kidding..... You didn't even know there was a season Sunday  ???

I thought you were talking about the old last years tag thing... ::) good luck to you DDMookie dots...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #172 on: Sep 26, 2015, 03:34 PM »
I thought you were talking about the old last years tag thing... ::) good luck to you DDMookie dots...
Lol you too buddy

Chowdaire

« Reply #173 on: Sep 27, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Not sure how the hunting was but the fishing was great this evening. Spent the day getting the dock and lift out then went out for a little fishing with Dad from 17:00-19:00. Had 6 keepers by 17:30 and ended with 11 eyes and a few perch. Sticks, cranks and jigs all worked.

Had a little fun while covering the boat too. Didn't block the tire and it started rolling toward the house with me in it. Luckily just as it started picking up speed the motor dug into the yard and stopped it. So other than a small chunk out of the prop and a rolled ankle everything survived. One more life lesson. They all seem to fit into the category of , "don't be a dumba..." but I still gotta learn them one by one.  

reeleyz

« Reply #174 on: Sep 27, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Wow sounds like a scary situation Chowdaire. I am glad everything turned out okay. Nice job on the eyes!

Hunting was good this morning. Saw 4 does, all just out of range. Also saw a fisher and 4 coyotes together and in range. Too bad coyote season doesn't open until Thursday..... ;)

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #175 on: Sep 27, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Chowdaire or any one else that would help, haven't been up to Oneida all year since barn/boat fire (have new to me boat now)but would still try it if I knew tactics this time of year.....if fishing either north or south shore is the shoreline the place to try with stickbaits or what? Thanks in advance.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #176 on: Sep 28, 2015, 05:40 AM »
Two men saved after boat capsizes on Oneida Lake
Deputies say a wave filled their boat before capsizing
Two men are resting Sunday evening, after a fishing trip took a frightening turn resulting in their boat capsizing.

At roughly 12:30 p.m., the Onondaga County Sheriff's Marine Patrol responded to a call about an overturned boat.

Angelo Petitto, 78, of Dunmore, Pennsylvania and his friend Richard Franevich, 68, from Pulaski were fishing on Pettito’s 18 foot boat on Oneida Lake about a half mile southwest of Godfrey Point State Boat Launch.

The men tied the anchor off the boats’ stern but a wave came overturning and flooding it before capsizing it.

Both men were wearing life jackets and were able to hold onto the motor of their overturned boat before finally flagging down another boater 15 minutes later.

The boater, Glen Maine, then brought the two fishermen back to the Godfrey Point State Boat Launch.

Both men were uninjured and released after a quick medical evaluation by the Cleveland Fire Department.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #177 on: Sep 28, 2015, 06:39 AM »
Two men saved after boat capsizes on Oneida Lake
Deputies say a wave filled their boat before capsizing

Glad they are OK.  I had friend, back in high school, that was out with his girlfriend on the St. Lawrence.  The boat had problems and the motor quit.  They were in an area of a lot of current when they threw the anchor, fastened to the transom, out.  When that anchor grabbed on, the boat went down.  He didn't make it, while his girlfriend did. 
That incident sticks me and I never anchor off the rear of my boat.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

Chowdaire

« Reply #178 on: Sep 28, 2015, 07:28 AM »
I saw those guys watching their boat get towed in when I was launching last night. Didn't get the whole story though. Scary stuff.

Icejohn, I've been doing best with the sticks during the day in around 10fow near the deeper drops (north and south shore)but after dark I've gotten them right up to shore. The amount of bait in 20+ fow off the break is nuts right now. I was marking it cruising at 30mph. It's that thick.

reeleyz

« Reply #179 on: Sep 28, 2015, 08:14 AM »
I saw the Cleveland rescue boat and what looked like maybe a sheriffs boat out there while I was pulling the dock and hoist yesterday afternoon.

I am glad that they are okay. Scarey stuff.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.