FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472299 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2015
« Reply #900 on: Dec 13, 2015, 09:29 PM »

Well Jake that's a good score and close to home to , perfect

coachwarner

« Reply #901 on: Dec 13, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Took advantage of the warm weather tonight and hit the shoreline with Filet&release. The Low water level is making it a little tough for us non-waders >:(

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

filetandrelease

« Reply #902 on: Dec 13, 2015, 09:44 PM »
Tough night but the coach came through with 2 bites 2 landed I on the other hand never got a strike , just some pins chasing

reeleyz

« Reply #903 on: Dec 14, 2015, 05:06 AM »
Good job coach, filet, and Jake.

filetandrelease

« Reply #904 on: Dec 14, 2015, 05:27 AM »
Bruce and Matt a member was asking about launching maybe next week , where would a good spot be  that's safe , He has a 18' deep V ,  thanks guys

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #905 on: Dec 14, 2015, 06:57 AM »
Took advantage of the warm weather tonight and hit the shoreline with Filet&release. The Low water level is making it a little tough for us non-waders >:(

NICE,great fish and photo thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #906 on: Dec 14, 2015, 08:08 AM »
Went back out Sunday - perch were much more scattered than Friday and couldn't locate anything - only picked up 4. Still pretty awesome to get out this time of year. Fish were in about 20ft. I wasn't even sure where to look this time of year, started checking my ice marks, then the wind started blowing up so I called it a day.  Water temp was 43.5 - not expecting any ice for Christmas this year. 
shut up and fish

reeleyz

« Reply #907 on: Dec 14, 2015, 08:19 AM »
Bruce and Matt a member was asking about launching maybe next week , where would a good spot be  that's safe , He has a 18' deep V ,  thanks guys

Godfreys is pretty low and one side is all floating muck. I would think Snug Harbor might be a good spot? Not sure how much low water affects that place.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #908 on: Dec 14, 2015, 11:25 AM »

South Shore is very low and the docks are out, I have rollers so I slid off.  I have a deep V 16.  I marked 1.1 ft deep on the way out. It's a little deeper by the launch.  I launched at Marion Manor last week and that worked pretty well.   Boats a float in Maple Bay would probably be a good place to launch too if you looking at somewhere farther west.
shut up and fish

filetandrelease

« Reply #909 on: Dec 14, 2015, 11:37 AM »

Thanks guys  much appreciated   

coachwarner

« Reply #910 on: Dec 14, 2015, 08:35 PM »
Well.... Filet&release and I gave it the old college try again tonight. The water level was even lower tonight than it was last night Only had one hit and the fish hit hard took the lure right off the surface and my bail opened when I yanked >:( Not many more shore fishing days left, but we did manage to land 279 eyes this fall and only had to get in the water a half dozen times with the hip boots ;D  that's about 80 less fish than we did last year from shore in the fall. Still a fun fall fishing from shore :clapping:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #911 on: Dec 14, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Way to go guys! You guys hit it head on and are a couple REAL DIEHARDS  :flex: :thumbup_smilie: Always a blast fishing with you guys!

P.S. I caught 280 walleyes this fall  :w00t: :rotflol:
Nice job findin em

coachwarner

« Reply #912 on: Dec 15, 2015, 03:23 AM »
I knew you would one up us Deadeyez  ;D We definitely had more competition out there this year! Release say's he don't care who kills em! ;D
Has anybody seen what KP has been up too?!?!  :w00t:

reeleyz

« Reply #913 on: Dec 15, 2015, 05:10 AM »
That is quite a haul guys!  :thumbup_smilie:

filetandrelease

« Reply #914 on: Dec 15, 2015, 05:43 AM »
Release checked they are still drawing water down all gates are all open according to the chart He saw it's now below the normal targeted low and still dropping ,  I may have to tie up some jigs and hit the canal before it's over , , the fish didn't really start biting for us as early as they did last year , but release like traveling around the lake trying different spots , he just prefers that than standing in one spot for hrs , but everyone has their own little nitch , something funny a guy came up and ask who caught more fish release or coach , release told him when coach and I fish together it's a team sport ,  ;) one thing I'm looking forward to next fall is the shore team tourney that's a lot of fun and great competitors , Release thinks ol buzzards need to be handy capped , these young guys are tough on us ol farts , but it's fun trying to keep up , keeps us feeling young

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.