FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Terry Labonte  (Read 3051 times)

grumpymoe

Terry Labonte
« on: Jun 07, 2005, 07:50 PM »
after reading sbfpaMike's post about Rusty, a memory came back about a dear friend that passed along in 2000......he was a young man of 20 yrs old....but stricken with CF........less than a year before he passed away, I contacted Terry Labonte who was his hero......( he had just about everything you could think about as far as collectibles)....but the one thing he never did was actually meet or talk to Terry.....in his last months while he was hospitalized, he received a special phone call from California Speedway.....all he could do was say....is this really Terry??? over and over....they chatted from the speedway on his cell phone.....and I can still remember his exhuberance over receiving that call before he passed on.....something we will cherish forever.......some of our heroes are real people that care......and keep in our hearts as special.....Grump & Mountainmama

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
Re: Terry Labonte
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2005, 01:21 PM »
Just the sort of thing that shows there are some truly genuine superstars out there.  Refreshing to see in this day of million dollar salaries and "what's in it for me" attitudes of most athletes.  Go #5!!!

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2005, 09:07 PM »
yeah it is always great for a person especially someone famous to take 5 minutes out of there schedule to make someone happy and i think nascar stars lead the way in that category 8)

mikevt are you a kyle busch fan? because terry is #44 now, not trying to be a smart arse just confused with the topic being terry and he used to be #5

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2005, 11:45 AM »
My mistake, still living in the past.  Usually pull for Martin or Kenseth.  I also hope Sterling Martin does not wreck, it might make the cost of my usual beverage to increase.

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2005, 11:57 AM »
lol i think marlin would have won the championship a few years back with the pace he was on but he got hurt and stewart won it but i would like to see t. labonte get a win this year before he is gone

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Nice story Grump, thanks for sharing.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.