FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 99748 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #555 on: May 31, 2022, 11:10 AM »
Great job Pat, love to see it!  Its been quiet where I have been fishing at the tail end of the tma.

bogtrotter

« Reply #556 on: May 31, 2022, 06:34 PM »
Decided to let the Memorial Day crowds disperse before I ventured out to fish [the farmy] yesterday. . . . I hooked two fish on mice, had two other blow ups and landed one nice wild (I believe) brown of about 17”. Put up a good fight but the other one I lost felt much larger as they always do.

Wow, congratulations!  A 17" brown is one helluva fish.

BerkshireBass

« Reply #557 on: Jun 01, 2022, 09:42 AM »
Made it out to the Deerfield Monday evening with my father. We were on the water at 4pm but there wasn’t much happening in the broad sunlight as expected, but as soon as we found a deeper pool in the shade we started catching fish. There was a very light mixed hatch that had the fish looking up but not selective. We were getting rises to mayfly, caddis, and various emerger patterns plus one I picked up swinging a wet. After a while a young couple on a float boat came through, and we were content with the amount of action we had, so we let them have the pool and moved upstream to a pool we don’t fish often. As evening turned to dusk and then to dark a steady rise of several fish came about and we were each able to pick off one more fish at the second pool. My total count was nine fish, 3 stocked browns, 2 wild browns, and 4 rainbows. Dad landed 5 including a heavy 17 inch brown. All in dries except for the one swinging a wet. One of the best days of the season so far and it gonna be a hard one to beat

lowaccord66

« Reply #558 on: Jun 01, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Thats a good day.  I went to the housy last night with the intention on mousing (pat motivated me) but I went too early and had a decent bite euro-nymphing so I went back early.  Need to get out there when its pitch black.

westernmas

« Reply #559 on: Jun 01, 2022, 12:36 PM »
That is a heck of an evening on the Deerfield.  Congrats on getting them on dries.  It is not something that I tend to get large numbers using.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #560 on: Jun 09, 2022, 11:43 AM »
Had a memorable night Monday night....I was bringing in a small native brown that was smashed by a giant brown on the surface and missed.  Naturally I dropped the poor guy back a bit and he got gobbled but with only 2 #16 flies I knew I wasnt landing the big brown which was only attached to my line by its desire to hold onto and consume the smaller brown.  I let things settle for 35 minutes or so fishing another run, switched to a jig streamer, hooked the big greedy brown and fought it for a while before losing it yet again.  Id estimate it was easily 19-20".  Book marked the spot mentally for mousing.  That brown is a meat eater for sure.

stripernut

« Reply #561 on: Jun 09, 2022, 02:04 PM »
Very cool!

bogtrotter

« Reply #562 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:37 PM »
Had a memorable night Monday night....I was bringing in a small native brown that was smashed by a giant brown on the surface and missed.  . .. .  Id estimate it was easily 19-20".  . . .

Out of curiousity, how big was the small brown?

I cann't recall ever seeing a big trout actually gobble up a small one.

Definitely an interesting experience.

Dirt23

« Reply #563 on: Jun 10, 2022, 05:51 AM »
Where we go in Maine you always play out those 4 to 6 inch brookies because they are on the menu for great grandfather brookies.  Pretty cool maybe next time you'll get him

KingPerch

« Reply #564 on: Jun 10, 2022, 06:18 AM »
Had a memorable night Monday night....I was bringing in a small native brown that was smashed by a giant brown on the surface and missed.  Naturally I dropped the poor guy back a bit and he got gobbled but with only 2 #16 flies I knew I wasnt landing the big brown which was only attached to my line by its desire to hold onto and consume the smaller brown.  I let things settle for 35 minutes or so fishing another run, switched to a jig streamer, hooked the big greedy brown and fought it for a while before losing it yet again.  Id estimate it was easily 19-20".  Book marked the spot mentally for mousing.  That brown is a meat eater for sure.
That brown will pay next trip!!😈🎣
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

lowaccord66

« Reply #565 on: Jun 10, 2022, 06:57 AM »
Out of curiousity, how big was the small brown?

I cann't recall ever seeing a big trout actually gobble up a small one.

Definitely an interesting experience.

Maybe 5 to 6" max.

lowaccord66

« Reply #566 on: Jun 17, 2022, 10:00 PM »
First northshore striper trip last night.  Brought the 10w with a fast sinktip and got a skunk, onshore wind and that sinking line made me quit fast.  So I jigged and missed a couple bass.  My buddy landed 2.  Fished 9pm-1am.  Tripped an hour in and got pretty wet and cold and kept going.  Had the entire beach to ourselves. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #567 on: Jun 19, 2022, 07:13 PM »
First northshore striper trip last night.  Brought the 10w with a fast sinktip and got a skunk, onshore wind and that sinking line made me quit fast.  So I jigged and missed a couple bass.  My buddy landed 2.  Fished 9pm-1am.  Tripped an hour in and got pretty wet and cold and kept going.  Had the entire beach to ourselves.

Sounds like a great night to me
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #568 on: Jun 21, 2022, 06:53 AM »
I skipped out fathers day evening and had a good night including what I think may be my pb rainbow on the 3w.  Excuse the poor pic it fought for so long I knew I didnt have much time.  5/6lbs.

bogtrotter

« Reply #569 on: Jun 21, 2022, 07:14 AM »
I skipped out fathers day evening and had a good night including what I think may be my pb rainbow on the 3w.  Excuse the poor pic it fought for so long I knew I didnt have much time.  5/6lbs.

Beautiful fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.