FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What's the definition for " Pro Angler"  (Read 36639 times)

reubenpa

Re: What's the definition for " Pro Angler"
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Then y do some catch 30 pounds and other get 0,  while the amateurs get 25 pounds.  I know what you mean, but I think that it is hilarious ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Polar

« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:40 PM »
When fishing becomes a job.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2004, 10:20 PM »
My definition of a pro would be someone who makes his living fishing.  Wait a minute! That would include guys who sell their catch. Right.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2004, 07:15 AM »
I'm not going to define it, but there are several types of pros, including but not limited to fishing guides, tournament anglers, lure makers, and salesmen.  With regard to tournament fishing, when you think about it, fishing technology has come a long way in the last 30 years and in my opinion, it's been driven by professional tournament fishing.  We all benefit immensely by that technology, pros and amateurs alike.

I've only participated in a few of them, made a little money, and at one time in my life considered that path, but, I got married and had a kid.  Providing for my family is far more important as a goal to me than becoming a professional tournament angler.  Plus, my daughter considers me a pro ;D, and her opinion is the only one that counts!  My wife thinks that I'm...well, we won't go there ;D

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #19 on: Apr 15, 2004, 07:03 AM »
Thanks for the compliment SZ!  All of our members make this a great site...up to 834 today!  Soon to be 1,000!!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2004, 05:40 PM »
I have found the definition of pro angler, we need not to look any farther: ME!!!  :P

jk

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 01:58 AM »
I have found the definition of pro angler, we need not to look any farther: ME!!!  :P

jk

TFB, don't be hard on yourself now (with the tongue sticking out smiley)!  Confidence is a huge intangible in fishing...  I'm sure you're kidding and have all the confidence in the world, but still, for those that might lack confidence, keep this in mind.

slipbob

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 03:13 PM »
I don't know or care too much about what defines a pro but I just wanna know if any of my heroes have ever visited this site or iceshanty.com.  My heroes include the venerable Al "found Jesus" Linder or Ron Linder or Doug Stange or Dave Genz or Dan Sura or let's not forget Jimmy Linder and the master Matt Straw.  If those guys ever visit this site that would make me happy and to know one of those guys may have read one of my posts or saw some of my walleyes would make me even happier.

Sluggo

« Reply #23 on: Jun 08, 2004, 12:45 PM »
My definition of a pro angler is an angler that makes their living fishing.  Same as fishin_misician.
GET IT ON!

Mark Barlow

« Reply #24 on: Aug 15, 2004, 06:27 PM »
I'm a professional driver because I get paid for it, but this doesn't mean that I can drive better than any of you. The same holds true about pro fisherman. These guys go out and fish for a couple of days to get thier total weight. When you break it down to an average weight per fish it's not to impressive. :o What is impressive is how much money they and thier sponsers have tied up in gear.

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Someone who gets paid by sponsers to fish.. ;D
GIT _ R _ DONE

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Someone who gets paid by sponsers to fish.. ;D

Exactly ;D

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2005, 02:38 PM »
The term professional=making money by doing something other people do for fun. McGraw hill 8th grade dictionary.
I have worked as a professional snowboard teacher and staff coordinator, Like many have stated that does not mean Iam the best or was or will be. Just made money and some people envious.
Making a living from a recreational activity.
Getting back to the fishing aspect, Having fished lake norman in NC I have seen some spots on T.V that they have in tournaments and yest we have done well, other times you can fish all day and get limited action.
Yes I do teachothers how to fish and feel that w/o being paid I have acted like a pro because of the things you teach, tech., manners, skills. All help to complete the larger picture.
I do not like the term and feel that most who qualify would shake this title off. Some are probably proud?? I would not want to work under that pressure, some people thrive off it and are really THAT  GOOD.
I also feel that we can be on equal grounds but the time and money needed are huge investments.
Most of us compile our data on certain lakes that we are familiar with and become VERY knowledgable.
The biggest test I could give to a fishermen who thinks they are pros are. Go to a lake, target a species and catch them in good numbers. Like flying into lake and everyone else in camp gets skunked and you come back with fish, that is a pretty good indicator on you ability or luck.
Internet heros give it a rest!

keny

• I like it wet
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 11:34 PM »
a pro is someone that is good enough a catching fish that he can get someone else to pick up the whole tab for the fishing trip.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 08:17 PM »
A pro angler is someone who makes the majority of their income on fishing tournaments, at least that's what I think.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.