FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What's the definition for " Pro Angler"  (Read 36635 times)

zooker

• member of the yadkin chain gang
Re: What's the definition for " Pro Angler"
« Reply #45 on: Sep 26, 2006, 07:34 PM »
pro angler;any body that makes more than 1/2 there living from fishing..

pro angler can/does cover fishing guides also...

what ya don't know is that 90% of the bass pro's fish in lil wildcat tourny's during the week to make gas money for the big paychecks held on weekends..

zooker

vermonster

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 10:52 AM »
      I think a professional angler is someone who is PRO ACTIVE in all areas of the sport of fishing.
   A competitor,educator,promoter, and appraochable and easy to talk to. Someone who is consistent on the water and off. A pro to me would be someone who makes money from the sport and gives back to the sport.

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Well Said Vermonster !

sperrin

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2008, 11:09 AM »
A "Pro Angler" is someone that gets paid to fish and hits up all the big tournements because it's his job!

The rest of us are weekend warriors....we pay big bucks to enjoy this sport, gas, boats, rods, tackle..etc.
But we enjoy every minute of it!

Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

troutchaser

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2008, 12:02 PM »
  getting   paid   baby   thats  the  definition  of  a  pro

sperrin

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Is there some guys on here that actually get more then 1/2 there yearly wages from fishing or fishing tournements??

Wish I could say that I did but thats not the case  >:(
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #51 on: Jun 24, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Al Linder. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #52 on: Jun 28, 2008, 11:05 AM »
no such thing in my book about pro anything, i like to think of it as a seasoned angler. the more you get seasoned , the better you are!!!
hard core fanatic!

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Jul 13, 2008, 08:27 AM »
Fast boat, no brains, no respect for others using the water, no respect for landowners little to no respect for boats on lifts or tied to docks. Talk all ya want bout them but I've seen them in action plenty of times and have little good to say about any of them. They are only out there to get the money period. They might have one thing in common about fishing and talking it at shows or events but the bottom line is they they do it to make a living off of it period. Invade someone Else's home lake churn up the water bounce 3/4 oz jigs off someones boat hull, snag into a pier only to leave it hanging for some kid to get hurt on, Fly into a group of fishermen only to screw up the fishing for everyone else. Its all part of the game. And the best is this Exploiting a body of water and its fish Catch the fish take pics for newspaper articles talk of how great every lake they fish is then leave for another year leaving its secrets we try to hide from an invasion from outsiders. Only to expose said lakes prizes for others to invade. If you think I don't like pro anglers your right!
Did you put the plug in the boat?

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #54 on: Sep 01, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Do you know how you end up with a small fortune tournament fishing?

Start out with a large fortune   :D :D :D

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #55 on: Sep 01, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Fast boat, no brains, no respect for others using the water, no respect for landowners little to no respect for boats on lifts or tied to docks. Talk all ya want bout them but I've seen them in action plenty of times and have little good to say about any of them. They are only out there to get the money period. They might have one thing in common about fishing and talking it at shows or events but the bottom line is they they do it to make a living off of it period. Invade someone Else's home lake churn up the water bounce 3/4 oz jigs off someones boat hull, snag into a pier only to leave it hanging for some kid to get hurt on, Fly into a group of fishermen only to screw up the fishing for everyone else. Its all part of the game. And the best is this Exploiting a body of water and its fish Catch the fish take pics for newspaper articles talk of how great every lake they fish is then leave for another year leaving its secrets we try to hide from an invasion from outsiders. Only to expose said lakes prizes for others to invade. If you think I don't like pro anglers your right!
    Coldfeet, a year has gone by since this post; I think maybe you have had time to think about it more????.   Don't hold back this time, tell us what you really think about "PRO- ANGLERS". ;D      - Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.