FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond  (Read 22083 times)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
Re: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond
« Reply #45 on: Apr 12, 2022, 07:16 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Fished the Pond yesterday with another new old guy, Bill. He too was giving me lessons on using a slip bobber. He out fished me in my own hot spots, 3 to 1. We caught 20 total so you do the math. We didn’t get a lot for a mornings workout but kept some honest 10s and 11s.

Bill is from Henderson and we plan a lot of home and away friendly competitions. Round #1 goes to the old Navy guy. Stay tuned.

The perch were sparse, we had to go looking for them. They were all egged out and on there way out the cut. All for now.

Boggey

Nykonsdream

« Reply #46 on: Apr 15, 2022, 06:26 PM »
Out of all the years on ice shanty who would of thought that I would be buying the place next to the man, the myth, the legend, j boggey himself. I can’t believe the coincidence and can’t wait to pick that brain of yours when ever I get the chance to go out. Gotta get the house to my mommas standards first lol. Great to be part of the community

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #47 on: Apr 16, 2022, 06:58 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

A real windy day on the Pond yesterday. My old friend, jperch came up for a visit. We decided to take the old Starcraft out on the Pond to see if there were any perch left in the basin. With the wind howling about us we just couldn’t hold bottom. Hard to tell if you are getting a bite much less catch a fish. Still we persevered and Pat, again with his sliding bobber managed 4 perch , while I, the ever polite host caught all the dinks so as not to bother him catching the keepers.😁

Sound like an excuse to you? Well anyway, we packed it in early and loaded the boat at Stanley and arrived back at camp only to find the house next to me had been sold to a family of ardent fishermen and fisherwomen. Upon introducing ourselves I was pleasantly surprised, one of the sons was indeed an Iceshanty acquaintance I had PMed many times in the past. Nykonsdream.

Back to the fishing narrative. Inviting jperch up to fishing for the day, and a perch dinner, I was astute enough to pull a small bag of perch from the freezer and place it in a pan of warm water . Luckily as the low or no catch condition I had invisioned proved prophetic.

Amazing how a bag of thawed perch and some baked curly frys can change a dreary day into a celebratory event. Add to that, I had the chance to introduce my old friend to my other passion, cribbage. Well Jperch proved to be a quick learner or I a good teacher. The later I would prefer as Jperch beat me first time out of the chute.
All in all not a bad day. Got to fish, however shortly, a perch dinner with an old fishing buddy, and met my newest neighbors, Nykonsdream and his family.

I slept well last night knowing while all is not well in this world, the Lord is watching over me and at least in my small corner has granted me good friends, good neighbors and peace.

In this Holy weekend when we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, let me wish you all Happy Easter, “He has risen”
Boggey

reeleyz

« Reply #48 on: Apr 16, 2022, 07:09 AM »
Happy Easter! I always love your stories.

jperch

« Reply #49 on: Apr 16, 2022, 07:52 AM »
Yes, Happy Easter All!  As usual Jim is being overly modest.  The fishing was great, due to conditions the catching not so much.  Let me tell you Chef Boggey puts on a mean fish fry!  Thanks again Jim for a great day and nice to meet you Nykonsdream in person.

Nykonsdream

« Reply #50 on: Apr 17, 2022, 04:17 PM »
Happy Easter guys! Jim your hospitality has been way beyond expectations. Good to have a good neighbor out there. Won’t be back till the weekend but thank you for the fish, muffins and jam. They were all delicious. Can’t wait to hit the water

Nykonsdream

« Reply #51 on: Apr 18, 2022, 06:23 PM »
New house at the pond gave me a lovely welcome to the neighborhood gift, a tick about two inches away from my nether regions. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #52 on: Apr 18, 2022, 09:13 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Glad the channel “cut” dredging has been completed prior to the return of the birds. Rather than me regurgitating the results of the work completed to date, please go to the Facebook website for the Sandy Pond Channel Maintenance Association. SPCMA.

Yo Nykonsdream. What can I say? “Into each life a little rain must fall.” Sorry about the tick. Welcome to the neighborhood, ticks and all. Pesky and dangerous critters eh?

Can you believe, predicting snow tonight? Had to cover both boats. Raked leaves, had to serve as road commissioner for White Birches Drive, (patching pot holes). Private road not maintained by the town. All in a days work. All worth it in exchange for the BIG block party we are going to have in June eh?

Boggey

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Jun 23, 2022, 02:26 PM »
Where’s Boggy been?
Hope all is well Jim and you have been busy emptying the pond of those pesky perch my friend… ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #54 on: Jun 23, 2022, 07:15 PM »
Yo Dom,
Glad you asked that question my friend. I’ve takin a sabbatical from fishing and taking a refresher course on basic economics. I completed that course in record time and am now enrolled in the advanced Joe Biden’s econo301.

Much harder than I thought. First of all there are some tough prerequisites. As I mentioned , I had to take a refresher course and then the other prerequisite was you had to go through the school of (hard knocks) and the final prerequisite is you have to be over 75 years old. No problem so far eh?

In the offering for the course it said “ it would be helpful if your retirement funds had taken a beating, check. Your savings account was actually charging you money to “hold” your money for you, check. Your social security check has to be diminished by 13% of its previous purchasing power, check, and you have to pay twice as much for your gas and propane, check.

Next, you have to go out and get a full time job. You know something like the one you left 10 years ago, check. Now here is the best part. You have to keep track of all that “extra” money you are making. Cause after you make $19,000, the govment wants half of everything you make. I think Joe calls that “pay your fair share”, cause obviously I am rich now, check.

In closing Dom, I’m glad you asked “where’s Boggey “. So I could tie it into my fishin thread. You see , after an eight hour work day , an hour on the road to Syracuse , another hour back, old Boggey ain’t got a lot of fishin in him anymore. All in all things are looking up. My midterm mark for the advanced Joe Biden econo 301 is 100. My boss says I am eligible for the company 401 K plan if I work 5 more years. Praise the Lord for my good health.

Hope you are “keepin keeping on” too Dom.

Unretired Boggey

filetandrelease

« Reply #55 on: Jun 23, 2022, 07:26 PM »

Jim I here ya as I’ve been retired 8 yrs
   We payed in all these years now we are really paying 😉

Stu45

« Reply #56 on: Jun 23, 2022, 09:02 PM »
Well Bogg, it saddens me that the system has let you down. I refuse to get political but want you to know that you sure deserve  more.  Too many in your boomer age group are experiencing the same. You’ve worked hard all your life and done all the right things and this is the return. Scares me to look forward sometimes, can I prepare enough for when my time comes? Keep your chin up and don’t over do it. I’ll find you sometime these first couple weeks in July and we’ll drown some worms. Thanks for Setting an example.

Stu

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #57 on: Jun 24, 2022, 04:51 AM »
Sad times for sure Jim.   I hope things change soon.  I only have a couple more years to retire and I will still probably work 20 hours a week.. 
 Right now I’m working as many hours as my back will allow which has been 48 to 52 hours a week.... :(
 Not much time or energy left to fish… :-\
  Glad you’re healthy and as handsome as ever my friend. 
 Take care…

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #58 on: Jun 24, 2022, 05:00 AM »
Boggey, good to hear from. Sorry to say but you are not alone. Things WILL get better but it is going to take some time...h2l

joefish1

« Reply #59 on: Jun 24, 2022, 05:24 AM »
Very well written Jim.  It's to bad that the people who could do something to fix this problem won't read it because there head is stuck somewhere.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.