FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Morels and fungi  (Read 2934 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Morels and fungi
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2022, 11:06 PM »
I grew some Lion's Mane recently (North Spore kit), really easy and they were really good.

Cool, north spore is basically just across the river from me lol. I do local pickup from them for the supplies I ordered from them. I attempted a liquid culture of lions mane with a tissue sample I took, but I need to transfer it to agar and see if it’s contaminated.

I have the Cali landscaping morel culture starting, going to make up a few trays to experiment with and bulk LC to spray on a friend’s property.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

seamonkey84

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 08:29 AM »
Well, I got some of the Cali morel cultures going to put in a bed and give to some friends to spray in their yards to see what happens. Of course this next week I’m going to try and get out to do some searching myself, plus do some fishing.  At least I know the type I have doesn’t rely on a relation with a tree.
Types of mushrooms I’d like to find myself, mostly out of curiosity and to try and grow local varieties.
Morels
Chicken of woods
Turkey tail
Cordyceps
Oysters
Maitake
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

woodchip1

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 10:48 AM »
Ive harvested all here in Maine wilds. Temp and moisture are very necessary to be sucessful  types of trees they grow on  very important!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.