FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick trip to the Chu Yesterday  (Read 909 times)

stripernut

Quick trip to the Chu Yesterday
« on: Apr 05, 2022, 04:21 AM »
Made a morning trip to the Chu before pulling the cover off the boat yesterday and had a stiff wind in the face with little action. One 18" laker on hardware as I was leaving to save me from the skunk... There was about 5 bait guy that caught 3  lakers between them. Felt great to have a bend in the rod! All the pumps worked on the boat, so we are off to a good start!

westernmas

Re: Quick trip to the Chu Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2022, 01:12 PM »
Sounds like a good way to dust off the casting rust.  I need to get out there this year as I haven't been to the Chu in years.  I was reading that the colder weather should be a good thing to keep the lakers in casting range.  The gentleman writing had actually had success targeting lakers on the fly rod with sculpin patterns.  Intriguing but could be an exercise in futility if the wind doesn't cooperate.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2022, 03:27 PM »
If we could wade there I would use the long rod in a minute! There are spots to cast from shore, but best to do it at first light as the lakers are much closer to shore.

Ryan51993

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2022, 07:16 AM »
Nice work, 1 fish at the chu is a successful day to me. I don't think I've ever caught more than 5 in a day there, usually more like 1-2. I'm hoping to get out there myself before the water warms up but last weekend was a little windy for my liking so we'll see if I luck out and get a good day or not. Fingers crossed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.