FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crawlers  (Read 5967 times)

Perch-Pirate

Re: Crawlers
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2022, 08:31 PM »
4x4 piece of 1/4 inch chicken wire staked down or make a frame for it and set it out on your lawn or wherever you go for them let it sit for a bit and then go pick it up. You'll have nightcrawlers without straining your spine.
Why does this work? I don’t get it?

Yotecatcher

« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2022, 08:38 PM »
The nightcrawlers crawl up through the holes and when you pick it up they're stuck on top of it. And then you can get them some will escape but the majority won't.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2022, 08:59 PM »
Oh I get it now, I just read chicken wire and thought of the big octagon holes. Was thinking no way they don’t just scoot back down off of it…LOL

Yotecatcher

« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2022, 09:05 PM »
I shldve put (holes) after the 1/4 inch LoL 😂 it works though 👍🏻
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2022, 09:41 PM »
We usually buy ares but when I do pick them I wear rain pants and crawl ,back can't take bending over slot any more
I know what you mean

PerchEyes

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2022, 10:30 AM »
x2! I can't stand up straight for 15 minutes after picking.

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2022, 11:26 AM »
I rember the first time I got a good haul as a kid.  Left them in bedding on the porch and the afternoon sun nuked them.  Can never forget the smell of some melty crawlers.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2022, 06:26 PM »
I was thinking a small cordless shop vacuum might do the trick! ;)

That sucks!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2022, 06:28 PM »
delete
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2022, 06:29 PM »
I rember the first time I got a good haul as a kid.  Left them in bedding on the porch and the afternoon sun nuked them.  Can never forget the smell of some melty crawlers.

I just found a couple of containers of those in one of my fishing bags from last fall. Didn't dare open them!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2022, 06:05 AM »
I was thinking a small cordless shop vacuum might do the trick! ;)

that's how i  pick up crickets and  grasshoppers
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gotagetm

« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2022, 06:20 AM »
Yea and when I don't feel like putting rain pants on and crawling on ground b( which is most of time) we by them at a place near harbor in buffalo , I pay about 4$ for 18 it's a good tradeoff for 12 Erie eyes most of time ,and when available there's a kid in my town that sells them and when he has them I'll buy 100 from him and keep in a cooler in bedding in our fridge to use during summer

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:10 AM »
About the last thing in the world world you need to be doing right now is crawling around on the ground chasing worms.

Hire that kid Ben! You want the worms and he can probably use the cash.

Or just let me know and I’ll put up a tote full for you when it rains this week.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:24 AM »
i personally  have  been  experimenting on a  new  concept  for  getting worms ......trained  robins!  that's right,  robins .in China trained cormorants are used to catch fish in rivers. so  i got  thinking why not  trained  robins  to catch  worms ....so far it has worked  well  accept they  often eat the  worm and  fly away ....i will  keep working on it and get back to you all with  future reports
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gotagetm

« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:26 AM »
O it will be a long time before I crawl for worms ! I'll just support the kid or local bait shop
Just leaving Rochester now had another MRI ,going home to eat then probably visit sister ,gotta stay off that couch And move ,!. but taking it slow, thanks for offer bob!
Ben

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.