FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ramps Are Out  (Read 650 times)

bogtrotter

Ramps Are Out
« on: Apr 16, 2022, 09:58 PM »
My two eldest went hiking in Williamstown yesterday, and found some ramps (wild onions).

In fishing news, the DFW website said they stocked the W Housatonic in Pittsfield yesterday, but you couldn't prove it by me. 

I fished it for 2 hours today - - and had the stream to myself - - but the only fish I encountered was a small (8") dace that I landed by the Greendale Avenue bridge.

Undaunted, I proceeded to the NW Housatonic (along Waconah Street) and caught 15 perch, before heading to the causeway at Onota.

There a lady fishing nearby lost a big bass and reeled in a slightly smaller one, while a guy not far from me briefly had a trout on but it shook the hook, while I caught a mixed bag of small warm water fish (three sunfish, three perch and one golden pond shiner).

Toward the end, the rain (which thankfully had held off or only fell lightly till then) started to come down harder, and the temperature had dropped nearly 20 degrees (from 66 to 48)  from when I started, so I packed up my gear and called it a day.

lowaccord66

Re: Ramps Are Out
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2022, 02:30 PM »
Way to get out Jim.

westernmas

Re: Ramps Are Out
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2022, 09:50 AM »
Nice work Jim.  I've found that the fish haven't spread out into the river systems since the stockings.  Kind of hit or miss where you either find a few willing specimens or there's no one home.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.