FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Opener 2022  (Read 3379 times)

lowaccord66

Quabbin Opener 2022
« on: Apr 07, 2022, 04:06 PM »
Buddy and I are preparing for a 2 day jig fest.  Who else is going?

KingPerch

Re: Quabbin Opener 2022
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2022, 05:47 PM »
If we lived closer and didn’t have an epic workload, Josh and I would be in!! 😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2022, 08:01 PM »
If we lived closer and didn’t have an epic workload, Josh and I would be in!! 😎

You'd love it Larry.  The smallies can be very large.  My best friend got a 7.  It looked silly.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2022, 10:21 PM »
Will and I will be there, hope to make it for at least Sat, Sun, and Monday mornings... We will probably focus on lakers and salmon jigging as most of the bass fishing I do on the Q is at night... I am itching to get out!

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2022, 08:24 AM »
Jon, maybe if Matt will stop being Mr Mom we will join you in a rental.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2022, 11:17 AM »

I will be in my buddies quab boat but otherwise would.  I had to file a few motions with my boss to break away from Mr Mom for a bit. 

KingPerch

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2022, 06:36 PM »
You'd love it Larry.  The smallies can be very large.  My best friend got a 7.  It looked silly.
Go get em bud!! 😎🎣
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

porkpiehat

« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2022, 07:01 PM »
Never fished the Quabbin...got a little confused with the regs regarding bringing a boat. If I understand right a 90hp 2-stroke cannot be used? I also have a 6hp kicker and bow mounted Ulterra to get around.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2022, 05:18 AM »
Never fished the Quabbin...got a little confused with the regs regarding bringing a boat. If I understand right a 90hp 2-stroke cannot be used? I also have a 6hp kicker and bow mounted Ulterra to get around.

For private boats Two-stroke engines: Private boats with 2-stroke engines are limited to
½ the Boating Industries of America (BIA) or Outboard Boating Council (OBC) hp rating of the boat up to a maximum of 20 hp.
Four-stroke engines: Private boats with 4-stroke engines are limited to
½ the BIA or OBC hp rating. Private boats with 4-stroke engines 40 hp or larger are limited to a maximum of 25 hp.
Private boats may use two motors provided the total does not exceed the hp limits. If hp exceeds the limits the propeller on larger motor needs to be removed.
Combined four-stroke and two-stroke engines may not exceed 20 hp total.

Private boats must be inspected, decontaminated, and seal intact between the boat and trailer. No carpeted bunks. Chocks used on vehicles when launched. Rubber boots required. Life preservers required.

Did I forget anything?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

200fisher

« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2022, 08:05 AM »
For private boats Two-stroke engines: Private boats with 2-stroke engines are limited to
½ the Boating Industries of America (BIA) or Outboard Boating Council (OBC) hp rating of the boat up to a maximum of 20 hp.
Four-stroke engines: Private boats with 4-stroke engines are limited to
½ the BIA or OBC hp rating. Private boats with 4-stroke engines 40 hp or larger are limited to a maximum of 25 hp.
Private boats may use two motors provided the total does not exceed the hp limits. If hp exceeds the limits the propeller on larger motor needs to be removed.
Combined four-stroke and two-stroke engines may not exceed 20 hp total.

Privare boats must be inspected, decontaminated, and seal intact between the boat and trailer. No carpeted bunks. Chocks used on vehicles when launched. Rubber boots required. Life preservers required.

Did I forget anything?

Precisely why I no longer fish the Quabbin…
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

stripernut

« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2022, 02:29 PM »
If I had a Q boat I would get the winter tag that is free, fish it till early summer, then cut the tag and fish everywhere else... Rinse & Repeat. With a Q style boat I could fish most freshwater and a whole lot of salt.

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2022, 03:29 PM »
We use to do that.  Then he had a quab boat and a non-quab boat.  He sold the later and we use my stratos outside of the res.

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2022, 04:23 PM »
Precisely why I no longer fish the Quabbin…

There is nothing like the Q out my way in the midwest. I'd have to drive several hundred miles north to find anything like The Q. All the larger lakes here have thousands of permanent homes on them with invasive mussels and weeds. It's a nightmare fighting all the disrespectful boaters, jet skiers, and constant tournament's in the summer. And I wouldn't be caught dead on them on the holiday weekends with all the intoxicated boaters. I will happily pay the fees and go through the trouble of decontamination to fish the Q for a few days in my boat while I'm on vacation.

While I doubt mussels would survive in the Q due to the soft water, I respect the fact that they are preventing exotic macrophytes (weeds) from entering the reservoir. One of my favorite ponds father east in Mass now has Curly Leaf Pondweed (Potamogeton crispus). It's an exotic that is growing to the surface in at least 20 feet of water in one area that is so thick it's a solid mass. The small beach swimming area on the pond was lousy with it last time I was there. Cutting it or attempting to pull it just causes it to spread via fragmentation.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

ICEHOLE

« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2022, 04:25 AM »

Mr mom and now with new job I havnt done anything for my mental health. I was going to say next Sunday but Easter. Maybe we can plan a week from Sunday and I'll make it good and clear to the family I'm out.
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

lowaccord66

« Reply #14 on: Apr 12, 2022, 07:49 AM »
Its going to be bumpy out there both days.  I can't wait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.