FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Pond  (Read 633 times)

bogtrotter

Fish Pond
« on: Apr 10, 2022, 02:18 PM »
The stocking truck came to my neck of the woods last week and (at least according to the DFW website) stocked both the South Branch of the Hoosic in Cheshire and Adams and Windsor Lake (a/k/a Fish Pond) in North Adams.

I toyed with the idea of trying my luck on the South Branch, but with all the rain we've had I figured it would be a tad high for my taste, so I turned my sights to Fish Pond instead.

I fished there this afternoon from noon to about 2 PM.

It was cloudy, 46 degrees and breezy with intermittent flurrie. 

(Can someone explain to me how you get snow when it's 46 degrees out?  That's just plain wrong).

I didn't spot (much less get to play tug of war with) any of the newly stocked rainbows, but I was able to reel in eleven good-sized sunfish and one small (10") large mouth bass.

As a bonus, I found a nice lure tangled in some brush along the shore, and also saw a bald eagle circling the pond.

When I came home, chilled to the bone, I found my wife had made date cakes (with Frangelico liqueur) (yummy!) and washed one down with a cup of lavender tea (channeling my sensitive side - - LOL).

lowaccord66

Re: Fish Pond
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2022, 08:26 AM »
Way to get out Jim.  You get the snow when the surface temp is above freezing when the layer of warm air near the surface is thin.  Id imagine the elevation up there helped a bit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.