FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Deerfield River in May  (Read 833 times)

Steve H.

Deerfield River in May
« on: Apr 20, 2022, 07:16 AM »
Planning on taking some time off from work next month and spending a few days on the Deerfield (May 13-15).  Never fished it this early in the season.  Anyone know if I should expect hatches this early?  Not sure if/when the Hendricksons start popping down there or even caddis?  Just curious about what flies I should expect to use.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

westernmas

Re: Deerfield River in May
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2022, 09:31 AM »
By early May you should start seeing some bugs hatching.  I don't make it up that way all that frequently but Harrison Anglers and the Deerfield fly shop should be able to give you some direction.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

BerkshireBass

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2022, 12:55 PM »
I fish the florida section of the river. You should see hatches by then, caddis and/or mayfly

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2022, 02:15 PM »
I fish the florida section of the river. You should see hatches by then, caddis and/or mayfly

By early May you should start seeing some bugs hatching.  I don't make it up that way all that frequently but Harrison Anglers and the Deerfield fly shop should be able to give you some direction.

Thanks guys.  Just booked a room for two nights out that way.  Should be fun.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2022, 02:35 PM »
Thanks guys.  Just booked a room for two nights out that way.  Should be fun.

Good luck!  Some nice fish in that river system.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

stripernut

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2022, 04:57 PM »
Good luck! You should have a great time. Don't overlook fishing "down" river as often it is less affected by the "Bubble" (releases).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.