FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mixed Results  (Read 728 times)

bogtrotter

Mixed Results
« on: Apr 30, 2022, 02:29 PM »
I fished three bodies of water between 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM today.

It was sunny and breezy, with temps starting at 52 degrees when I began and ending up at 65 by the time I finished.

First I fished the South Hoosic in Cheshire and Adams.

While hiking/wading the "Jungle" stretch along the Bike Trail in Cheshire, I caught two decent (9" and 11") brookies in a backwater impoundment  and then walked back to my car and drove to Adams.

There, I parked near Mullen Mayflower and fished down to the footbridge.

Along the way, I caught a nice (14") rainbow underneath the Burnett Bednarz Bridge.

A few minutes later, as I was walking toward the foot bridge, I was stopped by the first EPO that I have seen in years - - a pleasant young (well, at least compared to me) woman who checked my license and then sent me on my way.

After striking out just above the foot bridge, I headed back to my car and drove to Fish Pond in North Adams, where the wind was noticeably stronger, and made it feel cooler than the 60 degree temperature shown on my car theremometer.

Nobody seemed to be catching anything (oddly, not even the sunfish were biting), so after about an hour I left - - although, on the plus side, I did see both an eagle and an osprey while I was there. 

(It would be cool to see a death match between them - - I think I'd put my money on the osprey),

Last up, I gave the North Hoosic a try for about an hour - - starting by the entrance to the Natural Marble Bridge State Park and then fishing downstream as far as Old Glory Rock, without a nibble, so I called it a day and returned home.

BerkshireBass

Re: Mixed Results
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2022, 10:30 PM »
I fished the North Hoosac at about 12 and lost two nice rainbows just below the dam by the natural bridge entrance. There’s some nice ones there this year

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 06:11 AM »
I fished the North Hoosac at about 12 and lost two nice rainbows just below the dam by the natural bridge entrance. There’s some nice ones there this year

Yeah, it's funny - - I've fished the North Branch twice since they're supposed to have stocked it without seeing any signs of fish, but both times, I've talked to (or, in your case, emailed) guys who hit the same stretches just before or after me and had a very different experience.

I guess that's why they call it fishing.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 03:52 PM »
Im patiently waiting to lay a smack down on those fish!

Spencer nice to see you join us.  (We met at Lake Buel a while back)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.