FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thanks to Mass Fish and wildlife  (Read 768 times)

manitron

Thanks to Mass Fish and wildlife
« on: May 30, 2022, 09:46 AM »
Went out early this morning targeting trout from shore but not expecting much given the season and the recent temps. Surprisingly, I was able to land a couple of really beautiful, nice sized browns which fought valiantly. Fellow angler told me that they had been stocked recently. i appreciate the states efforts concerning the plentiful stocking of decent sized bows but this morning was a welcome change to the same old , same old routine. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend also.

stripernut

Re: Thanks to Mass Fish and wildlife
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 12:31 PM »
I agree with you Mass has always done a good job when it has come to stocking trout of size. I lived in NH for a while and was always surprised at how much smaller the stocked trout were on average. I liked the tiger trout I would catch up there that I have yet to get in MA. I think we are very lucky for the waters we have, especially when you consider the size of the state. From the Deerfield, Quabbin, Wachusett, the Cape ponds, and the many smaller waters we have for trout... And that is just for trout, we have great bass water and many miles of incredible, world-class surf and offshore saltwater fishing. Yes, it is easy to come up with things that I wish they would do differently, but on whole, I feel, we are very lucky.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 06:36 PM »
Glad to hear you ha, d a good day on the water, Manny!

Long time no see (but on the forum and in person).

Hopefully, we'll run into each other on the stream one of these days soon.

As for the substance of your post (i.e., kudos to the DFW for their stocking effort), I agree with you - - they do a good job.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 09:21 AM »
X2 good to see a post from you Manny.

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 09:37 AM »
Nice work Manny!  Friends of mine have been landing browns more frequently in the main branch of the westfield as well.  I haven't had the opportunity to get one.  I tried the housy on Friday but couldn't believe how low the water was.  I ended with a couple smallies but water levels aren't looking good.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.