FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rangeley fishing trip  (Read 1295 times)

fish wayniac

Rangeley fishing trip
« on: Jun 05, 2022, 06:34 PM »
I stayed at the Rangeley state park this past weekend. I fished from my friend Chucks boat. We fished Mooselookmeguntic Friday and Saturday . The fish now are more spread out not like it is for the smelt run.The first Salmon I caught was during the first 20 seconds of the trip. I was letting my fly and dodger out along  the side of the boat and was hooked up with 15 ft of line out. The rest of the fish we had to work for . We caught 3 small salmon and a Brook trout the first day and the same the next day. We also had a bunch come off while reeling in 8 colors of leadcore.
Today we switched to Rangeley but was blown off the lake and only fished for 1-1/2 hours. I landed one 14” Salmon to avoid the skunk. I let that one go but kept 4 small salmon the previous outings. There is no limit on the runts and they tasted great. I checked the stomachs of the ones we kept and they were full of bugs and no bait fish.
It’s nice to fish that part of the state and had a great time .

gamefisher

Re: Rangeley fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2022, 06:59 AM »
Community seems pretty divided up there on the upcoming salmon derby on whats best for Mooselook.  On one hand you see salmon posted on the Rivers Edge site that look more like pickerel but then you see salmon supposedly from there on the Westwind charter site that look well proportioned.  No one can dispust the quaility of the brook trout fishery up there right now, hopefully not too many accidently catches with all those boats out.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2022, 05:37 PM »
Thanks for the report and nice pics, Wayne.  I was up in the Forks area this past weekend for a wedding.  Only fished a couple hours wading, but it was slow.  Talk at the cocktail party had slow reports.  Even the booze didn't bump up the fishing reports.  But then there were folks who didn't say much and may have been holding secrets ;D

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Nice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.