FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So, where is everybody?  (Read 1417 times)

LundProv

So, where is everybody?
« on: Jun 17, 2022, 09:34 AM »
I know it has been hot but so has the fishing.  I have been hitting local lakes early and late to avoid the midday heat and it amazes me how no one is out fishing.  Yes, the price of gas is outrageous but if you stay close to home, it is temporarily manageable.  Went to Upper Fish Lake last week and did well catching average crappies, gills and 2 keeper walleyes just keeping it simple and trolling 1/16th oz jigs/twisters in 10' of water or less.  I had a limit of crappies with probably a legitamate 10 keepers.  The lake seemed pretty lonely and the fish seemed happy to see me.  Went to Koonce on Wednesday and was on the water at 6 am and stayed until about 9.  Took my buddy (95 years old) and enjoyed the conversation while catching 15 really nice perch on worms, dragging the bottom and 5 keeper gills.  My friend had a double with the perch and each was about 11" in length.  This makes him so happy as he treats each perch like he just caught a Tbone... An interesting observation, other than no one else was fishing and there were no rigs in the parking area, was watching a work crew install an underwater oxygenation system for the entire lake.  What a deal!  Long tubing laid on the bottom of the lake attached to an onshore compressor and providing aeration to eliminate the algae.  I talked with the installer for a bit and he informed me this was popular in Michigan and really cleans up the lakes.  We shall see.  Went to Flint lake yesterday and trolled up a lot of crappies and gills in less than 10' of water.  Not many keepers at Flint but the action was more than steady.  Again, I was the only boat out fishing and just stayed until about 8:30...  So, maybe it's something I said or the way I launch my boat but I'm really surprised to see essentially no one out giving it a try.  The fish are there friends so get out and have some fun... Enjoy this day...

Daybreak

Re: So, where is everybody?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2022, 11:06 AM »
Thanks for the report.  I've been recovering from a kidney stone removal and infection so just getting back my stamina and strength.  This storm the other night has me helping neighbors cut up trees and haul off with the energy I have.  Gotta get caught up on my chores, them hope to get out after some perch and deep water bluegills.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2022, 02:27 PM »
Glad your getting out. We like our air
 Lol
Wallin

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2022, 07:11 PM »
I've been fisiting "The Local", aka the west fork of White river.  I try to get over at least a couple of times a week, but with the
yoyoing stream levels it's been a challenge. Yesterday I put together a small kit for carp which I've noticed cruising in the shallows.
good fun there. I also went to the store and bought some really cheap hot dogs.  The channel spawn is just about over meaning
it won't be long til it's time to go Juggin'

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2022, 08:31 PM »
I've been caring for my elderly mother during the day so my dad can get some sleep, as she keeps him up all night due to some night time dementia, and she can't walk to the bathroom on her own. I'm not sure I'll ever get out this year.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2022, 07:11 AM »
Enjoyed the reports.
I have been laying low in the air conditioning except for mowing my lawn. Going to Ohio next Wed to Sat, to visit a friend, then off to the UP of Michigan first two weeks of July. Have been tying up a bunch of flies for friends. River Eddie, have some "Killers" here for you since we weren't able to meet up a couple of weeks ago. We'll have to try again.
Happy Father's Day to all!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2022, 08:45 AM »
Enjoyed the reports.
I have been laying low in the air conditioning except for mowing my lawn. Going to Ohio next Wed to Sat, to visit a friend, then off to the UP of Michigan first two weeks of July. Have been tying up a bunch of flies for friends. River Eddie, have some "Killers" here for you since we weren't able to meet up a couple of weeks ago. We'll have to try again.
Happy Father's Day to all!
Teach

A friend's daughter that lives in the UP was complaining that it didn't want to warm up there while we were in the 90's down here. She said the high was 60 that day. I told her I'd be happy to trade!  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bherr24

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2022, 03:05 PM »
Been hitting the wabash once or twice a week in the evening. Found a new walleye hole. Caught 3 the first night the biggest was 25.5 inches long and so thick i couldnt get my hand around its back. Last time out we got 4 and a sauger between my son and me. They were keepers but i just caught and released that day. Going to head back here in a few this evening and try again.  Went to erie last sunday on a charter with my family and got our limit of 30. No real big ones just good eaters.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2022, 04:10 PM »
I’ve been waiting for a cool down ,the problem is when it does I’m stuck at work with emergencys

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2022, 12:33 PM »
I’ve been waiting for a cool down ,the problem is when it does I’m stuck at work with emergencys

Never fails does it?

When I was in the Air National Guard the drill weekend always seemed to be the best weekend weatherwise of the month! Never failed!

After six years of that I had had enough!

tater140

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2022, 07:30 AM »
I've been working a ton.  I moved my business from a home based business into an office, so there has been lots of late nights working on the building.  I Went to Wisconsin to the Chippewa Flowage in middle of May on a fishing trip and had alot of fun and caught plenty of fish.  So far this year I have not put my own boat in the water which is very unusual.  I''m hopeful to get out on Erie a little bit in July on my dad's boat for a weekend trip.  My wife and I try to do that trip once a year.  I enjoy having her along, and will try to remember to post about the trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.