FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nice Day on the Water  (Read 664 times)

bogtrotter

Nice Day on the Water
« on: Jul 03, 2022, 07:05 PM »
I got out on the North Hoosic in North Adams for a couple hours or so early this afternoon,

Sunny, blue skies, 85 degrees.  Water levels were very low.

Despite the less than ideal stream conditions, the fishing proved pretty good.

I caught five rainbows in the 12" to 18' range - - and the last one (the 18 incher) gave me one helluva fight.

Then I took a trip to Fish Pond (a/k/a Windsor Lake) and switched over for a few hours of warm water fishing - - landing lots-and-lots of sunfish, a fair number of perch (some of them of quite decent size), a crappie and a rock bass.

bogtrotter

Re: Nice Day on the Water
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2022, 05:56 AM »
Oh yeah, one other odd thing.

I was wet wading in swim trunks and krocs, and both on the North Hoosic and at Fish Pond, schools of "minnows" seemed to follow me around and nibble on my lower legs. 

It tickled.

I've had a few small fish do that before, but this time stood out for how many and how persistent they were.

I've heard (but don't know if it's true) that some women pay big money to have pedicures performed that way.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2022, 06:11 AM »
Jim I almost headed up that way but the stretch of housy Pat put me on was too good to pass up. 

scooper47

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2022, 07:48 AM »
My usual place to catch dace (the real kind, not fallfish) for my pond, which has been barren in recent years, was loaded with fish in June. Probably something to do with the weather.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.