FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Free Fishing in VT  (Read 705 times)

bogtrotter

Free Fishing in VT
« on: Jun 10, 2023, 06:37 PM »
Today was Free Fishing Day in Vermont (no license required),

One of my friends (Ted) and I have been going to VT on Free Fishing Day for the past 5 years or so, and made plans to go today.

The third member of our usual trio (Brian) could not go, but his place was taken by a newcomer (Bob) - - and my younger son joined our merry crew for the first time to make up a quartet,

We fished two different streams from about 9;45 AM to about 5 PM.

The weather was perfect - - it started cool (about 55 degrees) and gradually warmed (to about 70) - - and was mostly sunny, but had some light sprinkles at a few points.

We fished the Hoosic River at two different spots in Pownal, and all of us caught ten to fifteen mostly cookie cutter (10" - 12") browns, with the biggest being a 14" outlier.

Then it was on to Bennington to fish the Walloomsac - - where Bob reeled in another half dozen fish (a mix of browns and rainbows), and I landed an 18" rainbow.

Total tally for the day - - 62 trout between the four of us ( between 14 and 16 fish apiece).  A banner day by any standard!

Next, we adjourned to the Madison on Main Street for a light dinner and drinks (a bowl of stuffed pepper and a glass of kolsch for me) before finally driving home.

lowaccord66

Re: Free Fishing in VT
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2023, 07:39 PM »
Great numbers Jim!  Sounds like a banner day.  Great follow up from yesterday and an 18"er! 

taxid

Re: Free Fishing in VT
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2023, 10:23 PM »
Hey that's cheating fishing for free! Just kidding!

Sounds like a great day!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.