FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Happy Father's Day  (Read 764 times)

bogtrotter

Happy Father's Day
« on: Jun 18, 2023, 07:39 PM »
Happy Father's Day to my fellow MFF members.

It has been a good weekend.

I got out on two streams yesterday - - the South Hoosic in the morning (six 10" - 14" browns and one 16" rainbow) and the East Housatonic in the late afternoon (one 13" rainbow and one 14" brookie).

After a good dinner (broiled pork chop and boiled potato with sour cream and a side of boiled lambs quarters that I picked earlier in the day), I watched "Coma" (with Genevieve Bujold) in the evening with my older son.

Today, after church and pulling a shift at the Adams Visitors Center (which was slow enough that I was able to finish a novel, Karolina and the Torn Curtain), I fished Fish Pond for a couple hours this afternoon and did pretty well - - landing 24 sunfish and 4 perch (but lost a big pickerel).

Then my family took me out to AJ's Pub for Father's Day (where i had the fish tacos and a Worm Town IPA), followed by port and a cigar at our fire pit.  (I'm starting to see why the pairing was so popular during the Victorian era).

Here's hoping you're enjoying your Father's Day weekend as much as I am!

lowaccord66

Re: Happy Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2023, 05:56 AM »
Way to go Jim!  I got out on the housatonic and caught a few early before the guides started rolling in with their drift boats.

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2023, 06:18 AM »
Happy Father's Day to all, if a little belated! Big reader Jim? I am always looking for a good book, thou amateur sleuth is not a favorite genre, but I will say I liked the book; "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" a great deal. These days I do lots of Audiobooks, and get many more novels to read now than if I had to sit down to read.

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2023, 05:32 PM »
Happy Father's Day to all, if a little belated! Big reader Jim? I am always looking for a good book, thou amateur sleuth is not a favorite genre, but I will say I liked the book; "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" a great deal. These days I do lots of Audiobooks, and get many more novels to read now than if I had to sit down to read.

Yes, I try to read 5 or 6 books per month (my wife reads 2x or 3x what I do) - - a mix of detective novels, historical fiction, sci fi, alternate history, straight history and (once in a blue moon) some science or philosophy thrown in for variety.

I tried the audio book thing - - but I don't do enough long distance driving to really make it worthwhile.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.