FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Chu June 15th...  (Read 899 times)

taxid

The Chu June 15th...
« on: Jun 25, 2023, 07:23 PM »
I was at the Chu on the 15th of June, and walked the bank from the highway overpass to the old stone church, and not only didn't see any sunfish beds I also never had a hit. Was I too early or too late? Perhaps being a deeper reservoir it takes longer for them to bed?

I've never had a problem catching sunfish this time of year on the beds, or shallow water (which I did at another area lake), but it was just strange I saw or caught nothing. The bottom material was perfect for bedding sunfish.

Someone on Facebook said the water was lowered earlier for dam work so maybe that was it? 

Excuse the thumb in the one picture. I'm an idiot.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PikeKing23

Re: The Chu June 15th...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2023, 02:53 AM »
Sunfish have all spawned out on my lake. Just empty beds as of last week.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2023, 05:18 AM »
Sunfish have all spawned out on my lake. Just empty beds as of last week.

If that was the case on Wachusett wouldn't I have seen the empty beds?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2023, 07:29 AM »
If you're not seeing evidence of beds, even remnants from previous spawns, my bet is their doing it elsewhere on the lake.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2023, 08:36 AM »
If you're not seeing evidence of beds, even remnants from previous spawns, my bet is their doing it elsewhere on the lake.

That was my thought as well. 

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2023, 12:07 PM »
My thoughts exactly!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.