FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sunnies and Smallies in the Morning, Brookies and Browns in the Evening  (Read 842 times)

bogtrotter

After a hearty breakfast (sweet potato hash, two eggs over easy, marble rye toast with strawberry jelly and a small coffee) at the Daily Grind in Adams, I drove to Chicopee to fish the Chicopee River for a few hours.

The day was mostly sunny and warm (about 70 when I started and close to 90 when I departed).

The first thing that greeted me when I scrambled down the bank was a great blue heron which took off and flew upstream - - and which I saw two more times (or at least I assume it was the same bird) during the course of the day.

My total haul for the day was 24 sunfish, 9 small mouth bass (although the biggest was just 14"), two chubs/dace and one rock bass.

My "lunch" consisted of a few handfuls of mullberries that I found growing on a couple trees while wading the stream.

After driving home and relaxing for a bit, I fished my milk run along the South Hoosic in Adams for a couple hours in the early evening.

By that point, the temps had fallen to about 75 degrees, and the skies had clouded up.

On the Hoosic, I landed a small brookie and two browns (one 12" and one 13").

I also saw another great blue heron by Elm Rock.

Then it was home for a much deserved dinner, during which I helped clear out the ice box, microwaving and consuming massive quantities of leftovers, followed by an enormous slice of newly made strawberry brownie sundae.

lowaccord66

Nicely done Jim!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.