FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Since this Past Saturday  (Read 767 times)

bogtrotter

Since this Past Saturday
« on: Jul 05, 2023, 06:49 PM »
I generally prefer fishing streams to lakes and ponds, but the recent rains have played hob with my ability to streamfish, so I had to adapt.

On Sunday I fished Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in Windsor Pond and caught a lot (14) of sunfish, one perch, one crappie and (right at the end) one decent (14.5") large mouth bass.

On Tuesday (4th of July), I returned to Fish Pond, and this time landed a lot (20) of sunfish, three rock bass, two perch and one slightly smaller (14") large mouth bass.

This evening, I had the itch to do some stream fishing, so although my expectations were low, I gave the South Branch of the Hoosic a try.

I fished for about 45 minutes from Mullen Mayflower to a little below the footbridge downstream from the Burnett Bednarz bridge in Adams.

The weather was mostly sunny and warm (80 degrees).  The river was roaring, so I had to fish the backwaters.

I reeled in a 10" brown underneath the Burnett/Bednarz bridge and then a 14" one a little downstream from the footbridge.

lowaccord66

Re: Since this Past Saturday
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2023, 09:33 PM »
Sounds like some decent outings.  My favorite rivers are currently really high as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.