FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good and Bad  (Read 870 times)

bogtrotter

Good and Bad
« on: Jul 22, 2023, 02:12 PM »
Suffice it to say it has been unusually rainy this summer.

As one might imagine, this has both its good aspects and its bad, as my experience today demonstrated.

I fished the South Hoosic in Adams from 9 AM to 11 AM, starting near Mullen Mayflower and ending a little above ALADCO.

The weather was sunny and pleasantly warm (70 degrees).

The stream levels were high (no big suprise), and as a result a lot of the spots that I can usually count on were not producing.

On the plus side, I was able to forage for worms as I walked/waded downstream, so it was nice to have a self-replenishing source of bait.

Despite the less than ideal conditions, I managed to land five browns over the course of two hours - - although they were generally on the small side: i.e., two 8", one 10", one 12" (which I kept because he swallowed the hook and was bleeding when I reeled him in) and one 14" - - which I somehow managed to hook through the base of the dorsal fin, and gave me a very spirited fight before I could beach and release him.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: Good and Bad
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2023, 06:22 PM »
Still a good productive day. Congrats

lowaccord66

Re: Good and Bad
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2023, 08:33 PM »
Nice work Jim.  High water generally pushes them shallow.  The good news is the mid summer fishing for you should remain strong.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.