FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tournament Anglers  (Read 15810 times)

jigginstick

Tournament Anglers
« on: Mar 19, 2004, 02:29 PM »
 How many tournament anglers do we have out there, also list the type of fish and tournaments you like to fish. I like to fish little get together tournaments and open team tournaments for BASS.
Jig,Jig,Jig

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
Re: Tournament Anglers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2004, 04:41 PM »
I did FLW's RCL last year as a co-angler. Meet some great guys, learned a bunch and went on some wild boat rides!

-Scott

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2004, 11:45 PM »
 I fish the NOEBA bass circuit and do a couple of local walleye and pike ones if time allows .
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

asphalt_kid

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Anybody seen my ice auger?????
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:06 PM »
I love to bass fish and have fished many different tournaments.
I have fished Open tourneys, Hoosier opens, Club tourneys, Walmart BFL, and Everstart invitationals.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2004, 04:03 PM »
I have never fished a large professional tournament but have fished many small ones.  Bass and Walleye mostly.  Winning is fun, losing by .01 of a lb stinks, especially twice in a month LOL!! ::) I think I'd rather have been skunked!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

peple of the perch

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2004, 06:11 PM »
i do perch and i cant find a place for kids  doing tournies i do concider myself a pro already master angle and a bunch of fish ohio and winning tournies

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:59 PM »
I fished one tourny last year, with a CNY bass club. I finished 5th, which I was happy with. This year I'm going to fish the entire 11 tourny circuit, and I'm going to try to fish a few BFL events as well.

-Zach

Sluggo

« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2004, 12:38 PM »
I am new to the tournament scene this year.  I can't wait until June 27 when we blast off for the first tournament of the year.

I will be fishing BAOO
http://baoo.canadianangler.ca/

And 4 from the local open series
http://www.wrileybassangler.com/SEB2004.htm
GET IT ON!

G.Horne

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2005, 01:13 PM »
I've been fishing tourneys since "98" when I joined a mid-week T.A.B. trail.  I now fish between 40-50 tourneys per year all around New England but most in Mass. I fish the Freedom Bass trail, R.I. State Bassmaster(club), R.I. Fed Trail and any open I can.  I won A.O.Y. last year in my club and also A.O.Y. the last two years in the Freedom trail with my father. I made the R.I. Fed State team at Lake Champlain and fished the regionals last Setp. at Winnepasukee. I have over 20 wins including 4 this year and over 20 lunker awards. Next year I hope to fish the BFL or Bass if I have the money and time ::)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Im an alternate for a guy in my area. He fished every BASS tounry he can enter and I play back up partner. Even if I dont get in I usually go to the weigh ins, nothing like watching 40-50 teams dropping off bag after bag of moster fish

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2006, 10:54 AM »
I am an avid tournament angler.  Up until I sold my Ranger, which I am getting another one next spring, I fished Bullseye Bassmasters and all the State Federation tournaments.  I recently got my Master Captains licene and I am also getting my NYS Guides license.  I fish both the spring and fall LOC on Lake Ontario along with the Pro-Ams held up and down the lake.  If you ever up this way give me a shout.  I know my way around enough!

eyedoktr

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2006, 11:34 AM »
This is my third year fishing the Cabela's Master's Walleye Circuit (MWC). The first year, my tourney partner and I only fished one event just to get a feel for it and see if we liked a circuit that high up. We managed "big fish" of the day on day two and got a nice check. Last year we fished the entire east Division. We managed a 5th place check at Henderson Harbor (Lake Ontario). This year I have a new partner and we both are expecting our team to do well.

I encourage anyone who is interested in fishing a walleye tournament to grab a partner and sign up. The people that run the MWC are top notch. You'll also get to test your skills against some of the best walleye fishermen (and women) in the country.

I have fished smaller local tournaments for about 5 years. Check out the Kinzua Allegheny Walleye Association if the Cabela's MWC is too expensive for you.
Pete Lewis

pipes18079

« Reply #12 on: Aug 03, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Tbf and ABA but want something bigger in the near future

BBK

« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2009, 09:38 AM »
I fish local, Won the regional last year and qualified for the local BFL All American tourney this year but they were short 1 pro and I didn't get to fish.

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #14 on: Sep 01, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Been doing tx's since '91.  Was up to 35+ a year until we had our son, now I only fish 20 or so a year.  Mostly club and local opens, but did the NY Federation trail for a number of years, and the last two years I fished the trail I finished 2nd and 3rd overall and qualified for the Eastern Divisionals, which was an awesome experience.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.