FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lancaster Mill Pond  (Read 4152 times)

amazinmoose

Lancaster Mill Pond
« on: Mar 26, 2006, 11:56 AM »
been getting the stockies last few days...  tons of action at the beach this am..  died down once the sun went in hidding...   seen some shanty men at there buddys house...  unoman, lenz..  they had a stringer going from what i could see...   loads of hit and spits..   tightlines  moose

unoman

Re: Lancaster Mill Pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2006, 03:24 PM »
hey moose.

hit the boat this am ...got a few trolling streamers....spent the rest of the day gettin our limit...all stockies...but 2 holdovers...one was 1 lb 14 oz...cold and windy...done at 3...didnt see ya down there...next time stop over...

unoman

amazinmoose

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:58 AM »
i was on my bike...   fished next to you in the am, over on the state land next to the last house, not much action went over towards the beach, in the cove  had good few runs!! small but tastey!! iv had a few holdovers too..  they got mealworms in the belly! nice and dark color, some almost green!!  im heading down now..  next time i see ya at petes, ill stop by!  tightlines!  -moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2006, 01:19 PM »
1 hour 2 guys 2 full creels of 3 trout mixed batch... 12-16" stockies/holdovers  awesome coloring!!  tightlines!  moose

unoman

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Just got back ....fished for a half hour before dark...two stockies.....moose, I noticed the loads of mealies in the holdover bellies also...feeding heavy on them...

we'll have a bunch in the smoker this weekend...if you see the smoke...stop over...

unoman

amazinmoose

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Might stop by, You know Saturday the big lake opens.... :-D  Didn't see ya down there, I was there dusk..  Me and a few buddies of mine took a few stockies apiece.. That German Shepard is HUGE!!!  if i stop by, ill bring some rainbow jerky..   Tightlines Moose!

unoman

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2006, 01:28 PM »
True...big lake this weekend...

amazinmoose

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:54 PM »
that you in the boat tonight uno??

unoman

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2006, 05:17 PM »
yup...not much luck...1 stockie...couple perch......you?

amazinmoose

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:59 AM »
been getting a few in the 2-3 # range...   roostertails tipped w/ worm..    -moose

unoman

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Stocked last week...bigger fish this time...caught a big stockie tonite and a holdover...2 lb 8 oz on the scale....the stockie was 1lb 6 oz...big rainbows for this pond....both in the 30 min before dark..

unoman

amazinmoose

« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2006, 08:50 PM »
deff. found the same thing...  using same setup that i pm you the other day... seen a few males w/ the hooked jaw..  -moose   

massfisher

« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2006, 02:27 AM »
How do you guys know if the trout is a hold over?? or do you just guess because of the size??

unoman

« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2006, 06:38 AM »
holdovers have more girth and much darker color in this pond...not always holdovers in this pond but older fish that come down the spillway in the spring from the ressie...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.