FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quinte Trophy Walleye  (Read 4852 times)

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
Quinte Trophy Walleye
« on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:34 AM »
My father and I made a last ditch effort to better our personal bests,
2/24  Arrive at motel around 12:30 and get checked in and change our clothes. Then on the ice off Shermans in 26'-28' of water. The evening bite produces NOTHING for me but Dad pulls 6-7 perch that add up to maybe  1 1/2 -2 lbs. tops..... all dinks. A local coming off the ice makes the comment to us " I did 10 eyes out there, but nothing over 2 pounds" pointing towards the middle of Long Reach. Now I'm not an idiot, and jump on he wheeler and shoot out to the 6 10" holes he told us about and drop a waypoint for later.
2/25  Tuesday Morning after a lengthy discussion about the weather we decide to leave that night, strong winds and sleet freezing rain and possibly 10" of snow. It was a gorgeous morning and then at 7:00 a BIG mark swims in suspended up 6' off the bottom. I crank my 1/2 gold buckshot up to it and I starts to swim down, I drop to it give a couple real aggressive snaps an SLAM !!! I'm hooked up to a heavyweight .... DAD !!!!   he comes over, as this fish is bulldogging me the whole way up and at the hole which by the way thank god is a 10" hole she makes a couple last runs. The gaff does it job and this slob is top side .... 12.9lbs.     
After fishing all morning I've caught 4 fish, this trophy, a 4 lb. fish that was dinner and 2 more shorts, my father also landed 2 shorts. The front moved in and the weather was changing fast so we pulled the plug at 5:30.
If you've never fished The Bay of Quinte and want an honest shot at a 10+ pound Walleye there's no better place in all of the Northeast. Erie has good number but hands down the size is right here. A 15.4 lber was caught 2 weeks earlier by a buddy of mine 

waterwolf603

Re: Quinte Trophy Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2013, 01:29 PM »
congratulations that is an absolute amazing fish man, is she destined for the wall or what?
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Awesome walleye especially through the ice, Congrats! Is she destined for the wall or what? ;D
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2013, 02:44 PM »
WOW, killer eye there. Congrats

pascoag icefisher

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:10 AM »
great catch!

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Believe it or not...... NO she's back swimming and making more little eyes. I've set a lofty goal of 14+ which up on Quinte is certainly not impossible.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.