FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan ?  (Read 9331 times)

abishop

Re: Lake Michigan ?
« Reply #45 on: Apr 08, 2023, 10:33 AM »
Batteries all charged, tank full, rods ready, and nice weather, everything that you need to get boat out on first voyage of the year. Now just to find the gold. LOL

taxid

« Reply #46 on: Apr 08, 2023, 01:08 PM »
Batteries all charged, tank full, rods ready, and nice weather, everything that you need to get boat out on first voyage of the year. Now just to find the gold. LOL

You know those fish don't bite very well in nice weather.  ;D

Just joking. I hope you slay 'em. Enjoy!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #47 on: Apr 09, 2023, 05:44 AM »
Still looking like a go for tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up?

fishinator

« Reply #48 on: Apr 09, 2023, 09:13 AM »
You know those fish don't bite very well in nice weather.  ;D

Just joking. I hope you slay 'em. Enjoy!
they definitely don't bite from home!
Good luck Al, be safe.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #49 on: Apr 09, 2023, 03:22 PM »
Me and my brother trolled 4 lines and all kinds of baits.NO COHO  NOTHING. NADA! Watched 10 other boats with same result .We fished Michigan city area.maybe other areas were doing better   STILL A BEAUTIFUL DAY ON THE WATER REGARDLESS

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #50 on: Apr 09, 2023, 03:25 PM »
Would like to try perch out of portage but never been.IF SOME ONE COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ,Where to launch and how far out ,LOCAL BAIT SHOP ECT THAT WOULD BE GREAT

abishop

« Reply #51 on: Apr 09, 2023, 09:01 PM »
It has been many years since I have been to the clay flats north of the Gary Lighthouse. Once you get to lighthouse you have to go due north 3 to 5 miles. From Burnes Ditch in Portage the total run is about 8 to 10 miles. You want to find water depth 55 to 60 fow. You get your bait from Slez's on Ripley street just south of expressway 1 block west side. Good bait. I usually fish for perch once they come in the shallower water. 20 to 35 fow. I am venturing out tomorrow in deeper waters. Have to have the right wind to travel that far. My boat is only 16.5 feet. If you had a 34 footer it would be no problem. Hope this helps. Al

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #52 on: Apr 10, 2023, 11:08 AM »
Didn’t realize it was that far out I’ll wait for summer closer to shore time.I only have 16.5 deep v also

taxid

« Reply #53 on: Apr 10, 2023, 12:45 PM »
they definitely don't bite from home!
Good luck Al, be safe.

They sure don't!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #54 on: Apr 10, 2023, 05:35 PM »
Great day to b on the lake. I found the clay flats I went a mile or so to far west. Actually, as soon as you hit the coke plant, you go north. There were 18 boats there when I got there around 8:45. fished from 53 to 58 feet deep. Only caught 4. Trying to get used to new trolling motor and Garmin fish finder. Still have to get the bugs out. Talked to quite a few boats. Some got their limits some only a few. I think if we would of had Shiners, we could have done much better. My buddy asked for perch minnows and Rich gave him crappie minnows. One guy said he got 2 16-inch perch. I would have loved to see them. Never saw anything that big alive. Tomorrow looks like another nice day. Have to decide if my body can handle another day out there. It won't last much longer. Get out this week before they say goodbye. Stayed out about 6 hours. Maybe getting out earlier would have helped as well. Thats why they call it fishing. Had a blast getting out. Tired of looking at the 4 walls.

abishop

« Reply #55 on: Apr 10, 2023, 05:45 PM »
Great day to b on the lake. I found the clay flats I went a mile or so to far west. Actually, as soon as you hit the coke plant, you go north. There were 18 boats there when I got there around 8:45. fished from 53 to 58 feet deep. Only caught 4. Trying to get used to new trolling motor and Garmin fish finder. Still have to get the bugs out. Talked to quite a few boats. Some got their limits some only a few. I think if we would of had Shiners, we could have done much better. My buddy asked for perch minnows and Rich gave him crappie minnows. One guy said he got 2 16-inch perch. I would have loved to see them. Never saw anything that big alive. Tomorrow looks like another nice day. Have to decide if my body can handle another day out there. It won't last much longer. Get out this week before they say goodbye. Stayed out about 6 hours. Maybe getting out earlier would have helped as well. Thats why they call it fishing. Had a blast getting out. Tired of looking at the 4 walls.

wallin

« Reply #56 on: Apr 10, 2023, 06:14 PM »
Nice job Abishop, glad you got out.
Wallin

Hozilla

« Reply #57 on: Apr 10, 2023, 10:15 PM »
Don't believe everything you hear Al til you see it first hand...I call BS on 2, 16 inchers caught especially from the same boat...never has this ever happened in Indiana waters on Lake Michigan...But glad you got out, caught a few, and enjoyed your day.

bigr

« Reply #58 on: Apr 11, 2023, 04:50 AM »
16inchers not impossible but not likely either. One mans 16incher is another's 13. Either way i'm sure they were big fish. Wish i could catch that size. Glad you got out on such a nice day. Second day is always better than first.

fishinator

« Reply #59 on: Apr 11, 2023, 07:11 AM »
Thats 4 more perch than I caught at work. Amazing day to be outside

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.