FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan ?  (Read 9329 times)

abishop

Re: Lake Michigan ?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2023, 10:12 AM »
As of now, next Monday the 20th. looks like a favorable day to give it a go. Calling for winds from south at 7 m.p.h. Too soon to tell, you all know how these weathermen are at predicting the weather. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

fishinator

« Reply #16 on: Mar 11, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Good luck with that.  They can't predict tommorows weather correctly,  doubt they will be right a week out.

abishop

« Reply #17 on: Mar 11, 2023, 12:25 PM »
Hey, I am going to church tomorrow and will leave a bit more in the collection basket. A prayer or two won't hurt. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2023, 05:43 PM »
A question ,by regs are you required to have a marine radio if you are just perch fishing and trolling for coho close to shore.I don’t need a fine if you are supposed to have one.If so I’ve been lucky and haven’t been checked.I do have all the other safety gear

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2023, 08:04 PM »
A question ,by regs are you required to have a marine radio if you are just perch fishing and trolling for coho close to shore.I don’t need a fine if you are supposed to have one.If so I’ve been lucky and haven’t been checked.I do have all the other safety gear
This is a good question. I don't have 1 either. I don't think you need to have one. Hope it is a personal choice.

fishinator

« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2023, 05:38 AM »
Not required any more but there are other requirements,  like flares and whistles, even if close to shore. Best to look it up before you go, the coast guard is very thorough if you get boarded. Make sure your vests and throwable are coast guard approved and fit the people on your boat.
*also make sure vest are readily accessible,  not tucked in a compartment *

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2023, 10:04 AM »
As of now, next Monday the 20th. looks like a favorable day to give it a go. Calling for winds from south at 7 m.p.h. Too soon to tell, you all know how these weathermen are at predicting the weather. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

There are 2 days fishable before the day you claim.

its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

fishinator

« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2023, 10:27 AM »
There are 2 days fishable before the day you claim.
like tomorrow and Thursday?

abishop

« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2023, 01:55 PM »
You go get them. A bit of frostbite keeps me home when it is this cold. I like it around 40 degrees. Still hoping for Monday.

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2023, 02:12 PM »
So, Mike tell us how did today.

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Marine radios are not required on vessels under 28'. One thing I did learn while I was out there several years back is that inflatable life jackets must be worn at all times. Fortunately I didn't get any tickets for not having them on but it was certainly a lesson learned to know all the regulations required before venturing into navigable waters. It's much different than the inland lakes I grew up boating on.

fishinator

« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2023, 05:50 PM »
don't know about Mike, but I got my 5 coho in a couple hours. Should have taken the boat and went after perch but I was limited on time. Would have been perfect day for it.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2023, 10:07 PM »

AL, been catching fish on the big lake since late janruary... it was a secret for a short term. Not anymore. I ended up having to work. When there are good wind days and no work involved. Its a no-brainer to go fish. Doesnt matter what one person report has been.

Have had 5 man limits in 30 minutes. Have had trips it took 3-4 of us 3-4 hours to get limits.

I had to work. So no, i didnt get them. Am i afraid to go my next day available depending wind/work... absolutely not. Its fishing. Good sticks prevail in the end. Tight lines!!!! Stay safe!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #28 on: Mar 18, 2023, 10:13 PM »
Cormorants haven't shown up this year or last year, and the winter perch are showing back up. Would love to see a season closed on perch for the month of february and march. Protect the hatch. Bring back what we had 15-25 years ago.

Guys are abusing fish out of 50+ foot of water. Throwing back 10-11" fat eaters cause they want 13"+

Them guys deserve smacked in the face with a baseball bat, at least. Fish out of 50' of water is going to die. Keep it and eat it. We as fisherman ruin our ownselves!!!!!! Stop being greedy and enjoy what is given.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 2023, 10:15 PM »
Im shore fishing in the morning, for coho (wind not right for the boat) 20 degree temps.. if that tells you anything.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.