FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Erie early spring bite  (Read 21159 times)

crappieslayer38

Re: Lake Erie early spring bite
« Reply #45 on: Mar 27, 2017, 05:37 PM »
When you write my screen name look at the section for auto correct on my phone there is a check mark like you corrected it next time touch that it should let it fly.. if not not sure what to do?? Any how thanks for thd info on the jig..

Fishinjohn: remember if your ambitious there always these in the st clair river this one was caught last night till the ice chased us out.. there just starting to come in here.. so I would say get ready lol's .. also a white fish 5 pounds and a 10 pound Alantic salmon were caught same location by the group ahead of us....we get mixed bags here so like I said if you feel ambitious come on up to michigan you guys are always welcome.. by the way that's a 18 incher I has 10 other hits from other walleye to that were missed cause to soft of bite on to soft of rod..

I'll have to try that Michigan trip sometime, but right now the run is heating up. My goal is to catch 50 walleye out of the river this year. I'm on my way as the run is just getting good and I have 9 already!#!😀

boondox

« Reply #46 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:01 PM »
50 ?? Try 400 to 500 a year posible for us.. if you can't eat them dont take them that's wht theirs limits.. lol's some guys I know set up camp and don't leave for a week or two and eat right out of the river for a week or two..  might be able to fill that 50 caught in one night if we practice catch and release  we cull them the weigh system used by bass anglers to pick the bigger fish out to take home we throw back the 13 threw 16 inch fish some nights and just take home the 18 threw 30 'incher's lol's.. that rivers different them the river I fish lol's ..

crappieslayer38

« Reply #47 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:15 PM »
I spend 20$ a trip to the maumee and we're allowed 4 fish a day until May 1st. So if I go 6 days a week to the maumee run that's 120 dollars for at the most 24 fish. In no local but youd think I was lol. When I say 50 in saying that's my goal for the entire run that I take home. I see nothing wrong with harvesting 50 or 100 walleye in a year as long as there isn't wonton waste :-\. If I were to stand in the river and fish longer after I had the limit then my goal would be much higher.

fishinjohn

« Reply #48 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:50 PM »
I just talked to the shop where my boat is and told them it needed to be ready  by April 8th..if weather is  good I'm coming down to fish the lake!

boondox

« Reply #49 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:57 PM »
I spend 20$ a trip to the maumee and we're allowed
4 fish a day until May 1st. So if I go 6 days a week to the maumee run that's 120 dollars for at the most 24 fish. In no local but youd think I was lol. When I say 50 in saying that's my goal for the entire run that I take home. I see nothing wrong with harvesting 50 or 100 walleye in a year as long as there isn't wonton waste :-\. If I were to stand in the river and fish longer after I had the limit then my goal would be much higher.

That's why we're aloud 6 and it's open year round some places like sag bay have a 8 fish limit and I think there spilling over to us  where I am fishing..   from what I just read there upping the quote on perch and walleye for Comercial fishermen in the erie basin wich might slow catch rates but will see.. if yours did not close in may I am sure catch rates would be similar..

fishinjohn

« Reply #50 on: Apr 03, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Not gonna make the trip this year....
1. My boat isn't ready yet.
2. I got served with jury duty papers.... UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

boondox

« Reply #51 on: Apr 03, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Not gonna make the trip this year....
1. My boat isn't ready yet.
2. I got served with jury duty papers.... UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now that's sucks! Don't forget to answer after every question. The lawyers ask you answer with:: fry them!! Mainly to the defendants lawyer..

fishinjohn

« Reply #52 on: Apr 03, 2017, 07:27 PM »

Now that's sucks! Don't forget to answer after every question. The lawyers ask you answer with:: fry them!! Mainly to the defendants lawyer..
[/quote
Yea really UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS]

fishinjohn

« Reply #53 on: Apr 05, 2017, 04:46 PM »
What are the conditions like out there?  If by some miracle I get excused from jury duty AND my boat gets finished I might still have a chance to make a trip down (doubtful, BUT you never know)

Mac Attack

« Reply #54 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:52 PM »
What are the conditions like out there?  If by some miracle I get excused from jury duty AND my boat gets finished I might still have a chance to make a trip down (doubtful, BUT you never know)

in the BN today -

"Not too much to report in the tributaries or out in the lake with the recent weather. A few boats did some perch scouting but no luck. According to Dave “Nobody” Watts at Dave’s Bait and Tackle in Derby, 18 Mile Creek looked like the Niagara River, but muddy. All the streams were flowing high. In the lake, reports came in that the Cattaraugus Creek launch was in rough shape and the Sturgeon Point launch is closed down due to the sand bar across the opening to the lake."

Mac Attack

« Reply #55 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:54 PM »
note there are actually 2 launches at the Catt.

and also a 3rd private one and a 4th across at Snows

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.