FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where ya going this week?  (Read 26074 times)

bullseyez

Re: Where ya going this week?
« Reply #45 on: Aug 17, 2014, 11:45 AM »
Taking my son to Ft Peck for a week before his 4th grade sentence begins. Plan to head out from Fourchette and camp somewhere, anyone been up lately that can advise us which way to go?

JIGEMUP MT

« Reply #46 on: Aug 17, 2014, 05:20 PM »
I just got back from a tournament out of Crooked Creek. Fishing was pretty slow for walleyes for most teams. Although most walleyes caught were in the 20-24" range. I don't think you need to travel far, as most of the good fishing was in the Fourchette and Devils Creek area. Plenty of Bass, Northerns, Crappie, and Catfish to be had.

fishyfishy

« Reply #47 on: Aug 19, 2014, 09:21 AM »
We just spent a week out on Ft. Peck we put in at Hell Creek and did okay, Meaning we caught fish everyday seems like the fish don't like the warming weather we trolled small red crank baits with red hooks that seems like the color for the walleyes and pike. We had a top water frenzy at sunset in the back bays for Goldeyes that was super fun. A spot we had consistent luck was Petersen Point but the entire like was doing well. Where we marked fish in the fish finder we had a bit.

Good Luck!

bullseyez

« Reply #48 on: Aug 24, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Thanks for the reports guys- we had slow fishing(for Peck) due to the weather and water temps, but still managed to find half a dozen walleye in the 3-6 lb range and I also got a 4 lb 14 oz smallie so all in all it was a good trip. Lots of crappies and goldeneyes, some northerns and quite a few small walleyes. Blue worked the best for us, most fish came out of 18-26 fow off of main lake points from Fourchette clear down to Timber Creek.

njoy

« Reply #49 on: Aug 24, 2014, 09:39 PM »
bullseyez, were you out of there before the rain hit? Sounds bad in that area today.

bullseyez

« Reply #50 on: Aug 27, 2014, 12:56 AM »
We left  two days earlier than planned because of the rain, I was worried about being stuck until the roads dried out and my son had to be back for school. The gravel roads out were ugly and I don't think we'd have made it if we waited another day. You could have whitewater kayaked in some of the bigger coulees, and it looked like the highway North of Fred Robinson bridge might be under water in a spot or two where the culverts were too small to handle the runoff.

robbi

« Reply #51 on: Aug 28, 2014, 05:31 PM »
Here we are again........Labor Day Weekend, d**n this fishing season flew by, but the best is yet to come.  Choices of where to fight the crowds this weekend, everything north of us is windy, but if I had to choose between Tiber, Fresno and Frances to fight wind, I think it'd be Frances.  Thinking that's where we will give it a go..........

TJet Apprentice45

« Reply #52 on: Aug 29, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Headed to Yellowtail for the weekend, one last fishing trip before the guns and arrows come out for the fall. 
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

njoy

« Reply #53 on: Sep 02, 2014, 09:10 PM »
TJ how was the catching? Did you launch at Barry's or the dam? Thanks!!

TJet Apprentice45

« Reply #54 on: Sep 03, 2014, 11:04 AM »
Fishing was pretty good at YT, launched at the dam and fished all over from there to the slide.  Jigging was pretty slow, the fish had too much time to stare at it and decide not to hit.   Switched it up and started speed trolling small cranks and floating rapalas with the big motor and had a blast.  Couldn't keep two rods apiece in the water, lots of dinks but it didn't take long to have a limit of good eaters in the tank.    All the main lake points that had a steady drop off were full of bass.  Tried some bigger cranks thinking we might find some bigger fish but they all seemed to like the smaller presentation.  Didn't matter what color.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

njoy

« Reply #55 on: Sep 03, 2014, 02:34 PM »
Great report, TJ. Thanks again. We try to get there at least once in the fall for a couple days. So much to do, so little time!!!!

robbi

« Reply #56 on: Sep 06, 2014, 01:37 AM »
Tiber in the morning.........weather is looking good......should be a good catching weekend........

robbi

« Reply #57 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Had a great time...........caught some eyes, weather  wasn't bad......starting to get cool in the mornings.......water temp 65-66.  Most eyes were deep.........I was a little surprised......

robbi

« Reply #58 on: Sep 12, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Headed to Francis in the morning.........anybody have any recent reports?

robbi

« Reply #59 on: Sep 14, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Frances is coming back around...........we had a good weekend.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.