FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brook Trout  (Read 2245 times)

Phoenix

Brook Trout
« on: Aug 20, 2004, 02:58 PM »
Picture of brook trout three of us kept from a trip to northern Quebec this June. Smallest was about two pounds, largest about four and a half. Caught and released many more plus some big northerns.[/img]

grumpymoe

Re: Brook Trout
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2004, 03:02 PM »
very very nice fish Phoenix...is that you on the right??? or left??? ;D ;D ;D...grump

Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2004, 03:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm the ugly critter that ain't hangin on a nail :P

trapperdirk

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Now that's what I'm talking about lads  ;D. The king of fish the speckled or brook trout . It doesn't get better than that Phoenix and thanks for putting up this pic  . Seeing brookies like that just makes the ol heart go pitter patter . ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Geez Phoenix!  Those are some pretty healthy fish!  I did some fishing in Labrador 15 years ago and caught two that big, but that was all.  Did you see any Caribou?

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2004, 07:08 PM »
Those are some beauties. MMMM  ;)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2004, 12:12 AM »
Yum. Reminds me of my favorite brook trout lake... Hey wait I've got 6 big brookies vacuum sealed in the freezer. You brought up an appetite. That's it! Dinner tomorrow night...

Phoenix

« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2004, 04:22 AM »
  Did you see any Caribou?

Saw a few on the drive up, none while fishing though. Lots of black bears, had to be careful with cooking and food storage.

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2004, 06:14 AM »
  Do you know if they were ever stocked up there or is that a self sustained fishery that's been there from way back when?  I was talking to a guy today that is part of a hunting and fishing club in the Adirondacks and they are planning on stocking a brook trout in their pond called a "Canadian Red".     The big pike in the lake must eat their share of brookies too. 

Slipbob,  these are native fish, no stocking that I'm aware of. The native people there call brook trout "reds", I'm not sure but maybe that's where the term "Canadian Red" came from. Yes I'm sure the pike eat trout and I don't know how in h'll the brookies make it. The only thing I can figure is this is a large lake with many tributaries. One of the amazing things about this area is that the native people are allowed to trapnet fish for "sustenance."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.