FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saw Pics of two nice fish today...  (Read 2248 times)

LundProv

Saw Pics of two nice fish today...
« on: Oct 28, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Wish I could give you more details -- received a text from a friend today that works out at Arcelar Mittal and the text included two pictures.  Each picture had a man holding a musky and apparently, this man caught a 42" and a 39" musky this morning, before daylight at the warm water discharge of the mill.  I recall the days before 9-11 when we all had access to that warm water discharge and it was quite a fish magnet.  Glad to see someone is still able to utilize that area. 

abishop

Re: Saw Pics of two nice fish today...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2019, 12:43 PM »
NEVER HEARD OF ANY MUSKY BEING CAUGHT FRON OUR GREAT  LAKE MICHIGAN????? GOOD TO KNOW.

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2019, 12:47 PM »
I saw a giant one last year perching in 17 fow in front of baldy , and two days after that some caught a 40 something inch musky off the peir

fishcrazy

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Big skis in the big lake. Don’t see a lot of talk because it’s a freakin ocean. They are they best looking I have ever seen, really nice colors and patterns

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Big skis in the big lake. Don’t see a lot of talk because it’s a freakin ocean. They are they best looking I have ever seen, really nice colors and patterns

I'll 2 ND that

charlys1954

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2019, 01:06 PM »
Wish I could give you more details -- received a text from a friend today that works out at Arcelar Mittal and the text included two pictures.  Each picture had a man holding a musky and apparently, this man caught a 42" and a 39" musky this morning, before daylight at the warm water discharge of the mill.  I recall the days before 9-11 when we all had access to that warm water discharge and it was quite a fish magnet.  Glad to see someone is still able to utilize that area.

Congrats 2 your buddy catching a couple nice ones.

No idea what Arcelor Mittal is, is Arcelor Mittal the mill where the muskies where caught. If so I found this article about Arcelor Mittal causing fill kill last month, 2 look like muskies and at least one a walleye. I wouldn't be eating anything near there.

The link has a photo of several dead fish and says. Article says:
Portage Mayor John Cannon is calling for ArcelorMittal Burns Harbor to change its procedures after a spill killed thousands of fish and closed waterways in August.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/cannon-calls-for-arcelormittal-to-increase-testing-submit-to-idem/article_eed9da74-a10b-5a57-8a3c-a0532ec5952d.html
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.