FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First open water outing of 2009....  (Read 3267 times)

Neptune

First open water outing of 2009....
« on: Apr 06, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Went up to Koocanusa with Quantoson on Sunday.  Gorgeous day, still some ice to contend with.  Didn't catch any Kokes or Bull Trout, but we each got one Kamloops Rainbow.  Quant's went about 2lbs, mine was 5lbs 4oz.  Biggest Rainbow I've ever caught and my first Kamloops!

Beautiful calm day, a bit cold in the morning...

Catching this fish was just AWESOME!

Ready for the BBQ!

montanafishingr

Re: First open water outing of 2009....
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Nice catch Neptune! Great way to start the season. Quantoson, wheres the pictures?  ;D
/

Quantoson

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2009, 07:31 AM »
It was a great fishing trip, sorry about posting late, forgot my login info and had to retrieve it. 

The day on the lake was one of the best for weather and company.  What a nice boat Neptune has.  I felt as if I was with a pro guide.  The fish did some awesome aerials, almost jumping into the boat.  I wonder where Neptune gets his anise oil from?

Here is the Captain and stand up comedian

The want a  boat like this Captain

A very gymnastic fish, jumped out of the water several times while I was reeling it in

Neptune' fish almost didn't fit in the cooler

What pretty fish

Neptune

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2009, 08:19 AM »
when you fishing on the "Lip Ripper", its like you're visiting Vegas Quant....

...What's said on board stays on board.... 

...Oh ya, I forgot to tell you, the Guide Service bill is in the mail!

PerchHogSlayer

• Ice No More???
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Dang, I'm jeleous guys!!!!  either of you going to be around for Memorial Day?  Thinking about heading up to the cabin then.  Until then, come on down and catch some dink walleye with me!   ;D ;D I'll also be out looking for the next state record perch.  I know where he is!

Neptune

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2009, 02:40 PM »
I'll also be out looking for the next state record perch.  I know where he is!

ya so do I....In Ashley Lake!!!

PerchHogSlayer

• Ice No More???
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2009, 04:24 PM »
ya so do I....In Ashley Lake!!!
Ha ha,  you wish.  Probably some nice ones in there, but no state record.  I'd love it if you prove me wrong though.  ;D
Next record is coming out of the Helena area.  not many perch left around here, but I'm hoping there's a nice monster thats survived the walleye predation.  ::)

Neptune

« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Ha ha,  you wish.  Probably some nice ones in there, but no state record.  I'd love it if you prove me wrong though.  ;D
Next record is coming out of the Helena area.  not many perch left around here, but I'm hoping there's a nice monster thats survived the walleye predation.  ::)

the current record is from this side of the state and a young man caught a 3lb 8oz perch out of Ashley lake 2 years ago and he took it home and ate it!  Never got it certified but did take a picture...I couldn't find it on the web though...  The dimensions were consistent with a fish that would weigh over 3lbs...

bighof

« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2009, 03:24 PM »
caught a 1.7 lbs perch last weeked.... gonna find the record cant imagine one much bigger than that. looked like a football
I had a secret spot once... But I forgot where it was

montanafishingr

« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2009, 03:38 PM »
I agree with Neptune, the next state record is coming from this side of the state. It ma be from Lake Inez. We have some biggens in there. :D on another positive note, I see water around the edge of the pond so open water is soon.
/

The Hotsauce

• Get Sauced At Sauces!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2009, 04:26 PM »
lake Alva is another great place for a state record I am so ready for the snow and Ice to be gone and do some open water fishing!!!!!!!!!!
saucesplace.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.