FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: **Family fishing/camping weekend on Holter** June 8, 9, & 10, 2012  (Read 4300 times)

Lundin-loading

Well 12 fish for the day isn't too bad, you fish hard in the afternoon?
Beauty

Fishin247

Dang Jay. What a great idea. Good luck to all you guys this weekend. Hats of to you jay for putting this together. Looks like I'll have to start checking this forum. Its looking pretty active these days. Good to see that.
Quitwishin
Gofishin

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
Pretty sad showing.  Only people that came were my family.  That's ok cause we has fun and caught lots of fish, got to meet some great neighbors, and had more fun than we knew what to do with.  The weather was good till late Sunday morning.  Caught 12 walleye, 4 rainbows, and 1 carp in 2 days fishing (only fished Thursday and Saturday.)  Too tired and busy making a big dinner for the people that I thought were going to be there to fish Friday.  Gave the leftovers to one of the neighbors Friday night and they asked for the recipe!  Ya'll missed out.  Picked up 4 big walleye right in the Log Gulch marina!

Had a bearing go out on my boat trailer on the way up there but didn't find it till we attempted to leave tonight.  Just got back from the recovery effort.  Put boat back on old trailer to get it home and took new (to me) trailer back to Townsend Marine on a car hauler trailer.  We will see how there service after the sale is on used equipment is.  1500 miles and a blown bearing on a rig that was supposed to have been gone through as part of the sale?  We'll see...

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

HVFD14

Jay, are you still thinking of a LMR trip?  Holter is too far for me, but LMR is a better bet for me.

Lundin-loading

Thats a bummer on the turn out, at least you had fun with the family, and managed to snag a couple!! I really hope to hear that Townsend stands behind their sales/services.
Beauty

robbi

Glad to see you made lemonade from lemons Jay.  Looking at the forecast I scheduled work instead for Saturday......then watched throughout the day as it appeared to be a really ok day.....!  You caught some eyes......that cool.....and I've heard of some fishing right there in log gulch, but have never attempted it myself.......

Hopefully the bearing is fixed and Townsend stands behind it.......I've heard they are a top of the line place......

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
Talked to them just a bit ago and they said they will do me right.  I trust them.  I think I have spent enough money with them in the last 3 months that they want to keep me as a customer for when I want a new boat. 

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

Fishin247

Bummer on the turnout. Don't get discouraged though. I'm sure nicer weather will bring out more people.  Good that T. Marine is doing right by you. That bearing on the trailer kind of scares me a bit. Not something you think about a lot, and they do say you have to grease them every so often. Especially with them going in the water so much. You shouldn't have to worry about it yet though. They paying for the tow too?  I think its worth a free down rigger or something, right? :)
Quitwishin
Gofishin

Jim F

Bummer that folks didnt show. Too far for me, but LMR is close enough depending
on your timing.
Sounds like you had a good time, but then, it always sounds lke you have a good time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.