FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Suspended bass  (Read 1105 times)

seamonkey84

Suspended bass
« on: Aug 23, 2018, 10:02 PM »
I went out to do some trolling, in hopes of getting into some trout action. To my surprise however, out in 30-40 FOW suspended 15ft down where a bunch of SMB. I saw several boils of bait being busted at the surface, and saw many bait balls down 12-15 ft so I know why they’re out there.  One slow lap around and zigzag up the middle of this pond in about 2 and half hour caught about 7 bass, but I didn’t get a single trout.
Most of them were 10-13”, with this guy being the only one that was worth a pic. One of my biggest SMB yet for sure, but don’t know by how much since I couldn’t find the measuring tape or scale.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

franklin fisher

Re: Suspended bass
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2018, 04:16 AM »
  Good one.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2018, 10:11 AM »
nice smallie Chi

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Hard to tell but i would say high 2's low 3. Either way, a great fish so congrats.
Wicked Wec

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2018, 12:16 PM »
They fight pretty good too!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Nice smallie.  Through the ice, I often found browns and smallies together along 15-30 foot drop-offs.

seamonkey84

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2018, 08:22 PM »
It definitely put up a good fight. I’m guessing it was in the low 3lb range, when it hit it bent the 7/8 weight rod right over.

Nice smallie.  Through the ice, I often found browns and smallies together along 15-30 foot drop-offs.
Good to know. So far through the ice, I’ve only caught maybe three smallies and one brown (also the biggest brown I’ve caught so far).  Oddly the bass hit a shinner I had set right under the ice over 20fow.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.