FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thompson Lake Salmon, Sun. 4/9 w/slammer6500 & Buddah...ALL FISH RELEASED!!!  (Read 6418 times)

slammer6500

• The official trolling flag..............I'm on!!!!
salmon look like that in the spring, it is from spending alot of time on the bottom during the winter and staying dirty, when they get silver we call it cleaning up, that is when they start spending time on the surface. At any rate they are great fish guy's, good job, esspecially in releasing them all, Thompson Lake is one of the only things I miss about southern Maine!

I am a firm believer in realeasing Salmon, especially native ones...Do you know how long it takes for a native Salmon population to grow????I don't, but I'm sure it takes a lifetime...It breakes my heart to see these guy's kill a Salmon just to put it on the Thompson lake board...BUY A DIGITAL CAMERA AND POST IT ON THIS BOARD!!!!!!!!  I aint no angel, and I get alot of BS from my girlfreinds father about not bringing any of the home, but I told him..(You want one, you go catchit).....RELEASE ALL NATIVE SALMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the great words of Les Claypool of Primus............\"FISH ON\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buddah

• Stick'em!
I let them all go because I think they taste like crap!If I want a fish to eat I'll troll in to the shallows and catch a big smallmouth for the deep fryer.Brookies are always in severe danger also.

slammer6500

I let them all go because I think they taste like crap!If I want a fish to eat I'll troll in to the shallows and catch a big smallmouth for the deep fryer.Brookies are always in severe danger also.
Alway's gotta put your.02 in don't ya Boot...... :wacko:
From the great words of Les Claypool of Primus............\"FISH ON\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrandLaker

slammer, same thing goes on up to Rangley, people wacking five and six pound salmon over the head so they can get there picture on the wall at Rivers edge, I hate to see the big ones killed, they are our future. and Buddah is right on about a smallie in the deep fry, but I will take a mess of white perch over a salmon anyday!

slammer6500

When I was a kid I spent alot of time during the summer down in Brewster Ma. on Cape Cod, on Walkers pond, Mills pond, and Little Mills pond and they are all connected, and there is a river that is connected to the ocean with a fish ladder, for some reason when the herring would run into the Ponds (and I mean so thick that you could walk across the water) we would nail white perch, I dont know much about them, but you could only get them when the herring were running, but the one thing I do remember is man were they tasty...We would eat 100's of them....Taste's just like chicken, but after my grandfather died we never went back... :'(...I sure wish I could find a nice white perch fishery around here like that.....Are there such a thing as ocean run whitie perch???? because that's what I was told they were........ ;D

GrandLaker

I have not heard of an ocean run white perch. There has to be some good perch spot's down your way, I do not remember any but someone on here can help, They are the best eating fish we have in Maine.

buddah

• Stick'em!
slammer, same thing goes on up to Rangley, people wacking five and six pound salmon over the head so they can get there picture on the wall at Rivers edge, I hate to see the big ones killed, they are our future. and Buddah is right on about a smallie in the deep fry, but I will take a mess of white perch over a salmon anyday!

The thing that gets me about rangeley is mooselookmeguntick is right beside it and catch and kill is encouraged for salmon under 20".Liberal bag limits also,2 fish a day.Why not get your eaters out of mooselook then go to rangeley for trophy fishing?It doesn't make much sense to kill fish out of a healthy fishery when you have an overpopulation of fish in the one a few miles down the road.

mayfly

• so little time ,so many fish!!!!
you want nice whiter perch estes lake in alfred and sanford is loaded with them,!!!, moose pond in bridgton has some whoppers too

pennreels

Kill salmon out or mooslokmeguntic???? I need to do some reseach.  Kill all salmon under 20"?????  Buddah who have you talked to? Would like to have your information. 

Tom

gamefisher

Buddah is absolutely right about the salmon in Mooseluk.  The State is virtually begging fisherman to take some of the smaller ones to eat for the overall good of the salmon pop.  Same goes for Chesuncook salmon and Tunk togue.  It's kind of ironic how times have changed regarding keeping fish.  Twenty years ago, the mentality was for everyone to keep everything and now we all throw most everything back.  Other than the issue of invasives, I really believe that the "good old days" of fishing are right now...

Speaking of that area, has anybody ever spent any time on Upper Richardson?  Have always wanted to try it, just never made it.

P.S.
Buddah - great fish, you've got that bait thing down pat... also, the advice on Alaska worked out awesome.  We got away from thinking the Kenai and are now basing out of Nilinchok and the smaller rivers.  What a great group for sharing info.  FISH ON!

buddah

• Stick'em!
Kill salmon out or mooslokmeguntic???? I need to do some reseach.  Kill all salmon under 20"?????  Buddah who have you talked to? Would like to have your information. 

Tom

It doesn't take a whole lot of research,just go up and put a boat in.The info is posted everywhere around the launch.It also doesn't say kill all salmon under 20".There is a 2 fish limit,they just want you to keep your limit,preferably small fish.If you want fast action it's a great place to go.BIG brookies too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.