FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Open Water  (Read 2472 times)

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Open Water
« on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:35 PM »
With the dismal  ice fishing season almost over, I did spy me a little stretch of open water on the Mighty South Saskatchewan River running thru the Hat. This being said, I am thinking of spooling up a reel and heading out one evening to try my luck. Two weeks till the majority of the waters close to angling in Alberta until early May. Might have to pull out the old aquarium and stock it with some goldfish to help get me thru this.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Pigshanks

Re: Open Water
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Hit the South Saskatchewan river on Sunday morn with no luck. River ice was starting to move but the fishing holes were still inaccessable. Still was nice to get out and chuck some spoons and crankbaits around. Still hope to make it some holes before the 15th of March, when the season ends.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Had a couple of lakes by me partially open where there is current. Just a matter of time

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Pigshanks

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Stopped off at Cavan lake tonight and she is wide open. No doubt the other fishing haunts I frequent will be open as well. Weekend, here I come.  :thumbup_smilie:

Pigshanks

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2007, 10:29 PM »
OH, and the South Saskatchewan is wide open as well. Big ice chunks litter the banks so doubtful to get to it before th 15th of Mar when she is closed.  :'(

grasshopper

• IS THAT A BITE? I think so my rod is twitching!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2007, 12:47 PM »
Cavan lake is wide open though,

I went up with Pigshanks yesterday and not a hint of ice to be found. Sunday will be the first day of the season for me.
"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

fishingcrazy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2007, 10:57 PM »
Hey guys found open water today some small pike 5 - 7 lbs hope to get out again befor close

Pigshanks

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2007, 07:20 AM »
You found us FC! Great!!Welcome to MMF :)
There is a small lake around 7 persons that is open year round. Pike and whites. Going to check it out Sunday. Everything else closes tomorrow :'(  except fot the stocked trout lakes, and Bullshead opens Apr 1st.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.