FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First Open Water Outing  (Read 3301 times)

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
First Open Water Outing
« on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:50 PM »
When do you think the ice will be gone and one can again cast a line? I'm heading out Friday after work to some "secret" spots around the "HAT" to see if the ice is gone. If so, Sunday will be the day.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Kyle

Re: First Open Water Outing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:06 AM »
prolly gonna head to bullshead sometime soon
P.S. if your around there friday would you mind giving me an ice update?

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Considering most lakes don't open till May long, I would say that would be the first outing for me for the season. Unless we are talking Trout then there might be a few lakes opening up for boats in the next few weeks.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Pigshanks

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Around the Hat, All the decent lakes are closed except for the trout lakes. But I know of 3 reservoirs within 15 minutes of Medicine Hat that are open year round. I checked the two smallest reservoirs and one is open for about 30' from shore while the other has no ice on the south end of the dam. Full of pike, perch and whiteys, and probably walleyes and ling as they are all fed by lakes that hold all of these fish. If a body of water is not listed in the regs, a quick call the CO's will remove all doubt. And don't forget to get the CO's name(just in case).  :w00t:

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Pigshanks

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Most southern lakes are now ice free. Was out at Seven Persons this morning. Fishing was slow to say the least. 1 pike about 21" long. Nice to feel the tug on the light action gear once again. Rather cool earlier in the morning, but warmed up real nice when the clouds broke and the sun came out.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Sounds pretty slow. Most if not all the lakes that I have fished are closed right now.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Pigshanks

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2006, 07:27 PM »
Most lakes here are closed too. We have 4 trout ponds in and around the Cypress Hills to fish, plus one in Echodale Park just outside of Med Hat. Two small reservoirs Southwest of the Hat are open year round along with Seven Persons Dam, all having Pike, Perch, and Whitefish for sure, with a good chance of Walleyes and Ling as these waters all interconnect with the St. Mary's Canal which keeps most of the holes in the prairies full of water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.