FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Getting ready for open water  (Read 1887 times)

fish/hunt4ever

Getting ready for open water
« on: Mar 19, 2018, 07:13 AM »
Going through the shop and cleaning up my stacks of crap from the winter. Put the four place and sleds back in a spot and pulled the boat out and around to get it cleaned out of the crap that I threw in it to get the sleds out for elk hunting. Once the shop is clean I will be putting the helix on the boat and cleaning it up. Anyone else getting excited to get back out on the soft water. I did not get as much fishing on the ice that I wanted but now just want the ice to go away so maybe I can get some more fishing in.

Doz601

Re: Getting ready for open water
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:11 AM »
I am ready to get the bass raider out and rigged up with some new goodies. Gonna try the marcum from the raider this year. Looking forward to wheatland one in a week or so

Bottombouncer

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2018, 04:29 PM »
I'm getting ready for Lake Powell in a month.....There's no limit on Walleye! There it's a TRASH fish! Then in June it's on to North Dakota>

guppy catcher

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2018, 08:43 AM »
almost ready, just  waiting on ice to melt

ratfink1

• keep some eat some let some go
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2018, 01:54 PM »
getting boat reedy

ratfink1

• keep some eat some let some go
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2018, 01:55 PM »
also looking at down riggers

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2018, 07:51 AM »
I have two of the uni-troll cannon down riggers and love them, just have to figure out how to gently let the line down and get the drag set just right to pull out as the ball goes down but have used them off and on for a long time and have not had any problems with them, a buddy has the electric cannon ones and they work nice but hate how trying to adjust to a different level is so hard to do fine adjustments with the electric reel up, but he likes them I just wont spend the money for the little I use the down riggers I have.

reelrusty

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2018, 10:17 AM »
 ;D Have had a pair of Walkers for about 5 or 6 yrs now. I think they are the Kingfisher 1 model. I've had no trouble with them. Use 8lb and 10lb ball. Main use is Kokees at the Gorge so my use is limited to a couple times a year. The Kingfisher 1 is an economy manual model with the vertical spool and I've never had a cable jump the spool. With the limited use I couldn't justify the electric ones though I still lust after a Digitroll 10 :rotflol:.  I'm fishing out of a 17ft Tracker walkthru so boom length isn't a problem. Clutch is a little jumpy dropping the ball so I keep a smooth, steady drag on the spool with my hand while wearing a brown jersey glove. Works great. Looking forward to some Kokee action at Alcova and Hattie this year. Anybody using their riggers for Wallies in this neck of the woods? I've never tried downriggers sets for them. Any tips on presentation for Wallies in our North Platte reservoirs would sure be appreciated. Thanks all and have a great and safe season! :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.